• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Contest Results Burning Down the Fox, Princeton WI, 8/27 8/28

do0d

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Grand Champion: FREEMAN BROTHERS BBQ
Reserve Champion: SERGEANT SMOKER

Overall:
1 FREEMAN BROTHERS BBQ
2 SERGEANT SMOKER
3 Q-U SMOKIN' KREWE
4 BRINGIN' THE HEAT
5 SMOKIN' SCOTSMAN
6 BIG DADDY'S BBQ
7 FAT ANDY'S BACKYARD BBQ
8 CAPTAIN RON'S BREW-N-QUE
9 CUBBY BEAR
10 WYOCENA YACHT CLUB Q CRE
11 FOX RIVER BBQ
12 SLY FOX BBQ
13 HOBO HUT BBQ
14 SLUG BUG BBQ
15 JELLY ROLL JONES BBQ
16 STOCKCAR BBQ
17 WILD BOAR-EE BBQ
18 Q 3 BBQ
19 BURNIN RING OF FIRE
20 SMOKE SYNDICATE
21 BOBBER Q
22 DGQ
23 SMOKEY&THE ONE ARM BANDI
24 U" BACON ME CRAZY"
25 SMOKE ON THE WATER
26 BURNITA BAR-B-QUE
27 CASE OF RIBS
28 GREASE MONKEY GRILLIN'
29 DOUBLE S BBQ
30 HOGLICKERS
31 BORN TO BAR-B-QUE
32 LITTLE BROWN DOG CANOE B
33 GETTIN' PIGGY WITH IT

Chicken:
1 Q-U SMOKIN' KREWE
2 JELLY ROLL JONES BBQ
3 SERGEANT SMOKER
4 DGQ
5 BRINGIN' THE HEAT
6 CUBBY BEAR
7 SLUG BUG BBQ
8 FOX RIVER BBQ
9 CAPTAIN RON'S BREW-N-QUE
11 SMOKIN' SCOTSMAN
12 BIG DADDY'S BBQ
13 FAT ANDY'S BACKYARD BBQ
14 FREEMAN BROTHERS BBQ
15 SMOKEY&THE ONE ARM BANDI
16 WILD BOAR-EE BBQ
17 BOBBER Q
18 HOBO HUT BBQ
19 SMOKE ON THE WATER
20 BURNIN RING OF FIRE
21 Q 3 BBQ
22 CASE OF RIBS
23 BORN TO BAR-B-QUE
24 STOCKCAR BBQ
25 HOGLICKERS
26 SMOKE SYNDICATE
27 SLY FOX BBQ
28 GREASE MONKEY GRILLIN'
29 LITTLE BROWN DOG CANOE B
30 U" BACON ME CRAZY"
31 DOUBLE S BBQ
32 BURNITA BAR-B-QUE
33 GETTIN' PIGGY WITH IT

Ribs:
1 Q-U SMOKIN' KREWE
2 SERGEANT SMOKER
3 FREEMAN BROTHERS BBQ
4 BRINGIN' THE HEAT
5 WILD BOAR-EE BBQ
6 Q 3 BBQ
7 CAPTAIN RON'S BREW-N-QUE
8 SMOKIN' SCOTSMAN
9 SMOKE SYNDICATE
11 BURNIN RING OF FIRE
12 SLY FOX BBQ
13 BIG DADDY'S BBQ
14 SLUG BUG BBQ
15 FOX RIVER BBQ
16 DOUBLE S BBQ
17 BOBBER Q
18 STOCKCAR BBQ
19 GREASE MONKEY GRILLIN'
20 JELLY ROLL JONES BBQ
21 FAT ANDY'S BACKYARD BBQ
22 DGQ
23 HOBO HUT BBQ
24 SMOKEY&THE ONE ARM BANDI
25 U" BACON ME CRAZY"
26 CASE OF RIBS
27 HOGLICKERS
28 BORN TO BAR-B-QUE
29 BURNITA BAR-B-QUE
30 LITTLE BROWN DOG CANOE B
31 CUBBY BEAR
32 SMOKE ON THE WATER
33 GETTIN' PIGGY WITH IT

Pork:
1 FREEMAN BROTHERS BBQ
2 FAT ANDY'S BACKYARD BBQ
3 BIG DADDY'S BBQ
4 STOCKCAR BBQ
5 SLY FOX BBQ
6 FOX RIVER BBQ
7 CAPTAIN RON'S BREW-N-QUE
8 BURNITA BAR-B-QUE
9 CUBBY BEAR
10 HOBO HUT BBQ
11 BRINGIN' THE HEAT
12 U" BACON ME CRAZY"
13 Q-U SMOKIN' KREWE
14 BOBBER Q
15 SERGEANT SMOKER
16 SMOKIN' SCOTSMAN
17 SLUG BUG BBQ
18 Q 3 BBQ
19 SMOKE SYNDICATE
20 JELLY ROLL JONES BBQ
21 SMOKE ON THE WATER
22 HOGLICKERS
23 WILD BOAR-EE BBQ
24 WYOCENA YACHT CLUB Q CRE
25 SMOKEY&THE ONE ARM BANDI
26 CASE OF RIBS
27 BORN TO BAR-B-QUE
28 GETTIN' PIGGY WITH IT
29 GREASE MONKEY GRILLIN'
30 DGQ
31 BURNIN RING OF FIRE
32 DOUBLE S BBQ
33 LITTLE BROWN DOG CANOE B

Brisket:
1 SERGEANT SMOKER
2 CUBBY BEAR
3 SMOKIN' SCOTSMAN
4 SLY FOX BBQ
5 WYOCENA YACHT CLUB Q CRE
6 HOBO HUT BBQ
7 BURNIN RING OF FIRE
8 FREEMAN BROTHERS BBQ
9 BRINGIN' THE HEAT
10 Q-U SMOKIN' KREWE
11 U" BACON ME CRAZY"
12 BIG DADDY'S BBQ
13 FAT ANDY'S BACKYARD BBQ
14 SMOKE SYNDICATE
15 DOUBLE S BBQ
16 BURNITA BAR-B-QUE
17 SMOKEY&THE ONE ARM BANDI
18 CASE OF RIBS
19 STOCKCAR BBQ
20 SMOKE ON THE WATER
21 SLUG BUG BBQ
22 GREASE MONKEY GRILLIN'
23 FOX RIVER BBQ
24 WILD BOAR-EE BBQ
25 DGQ
26 BOBBER Q
27 CAPTAIN RON'S BREW-N-QUE
28 Q 3 BBQ
29 JELLY ROLL JONES BBQ
30 HOGLICKERS
31 LITTLE BROWN DOG CANOE B
32 BORN TO BAR-B-QUE
33 GETTIN' PIGGY WITH IT

Big congrats to Clark (Wyocena Yacht Club Q Crew) & Andy (Fat Andy's)! Great to see you guys at the top, you deserve it. Both of you cooked amazing food yesterday. Congrats to all the other Brethren as well, we were very well represented yesterday. Pete G.

Congrats to all our friends who got calls. As was all reaedy mentioned the Brethren was well represented at this contest.I saw one of the guys there just helping out others from making boxes to helping another setup when his partner couldnt get there to set up. As Clark says this place is the best clubhouse out there,and from the last 2 weeks I do think we are somewhat out there lol. As far as our results we got about what I think we deserved as I just didnt get the best out of what we had. I did have some of Walt and Theresa's brisket and I tell you folks it was some of the best I have ever had just outstanding. And there is no better comp neighbors then we had this weekend .

Congratulations Freeman Brothers! I didn't get a chance to visit you Friday night and you win it all!.
Lots of Brethren got some exercise yesterday. Congratulations to everyone who took a stroll.
I had so much help from a lot of people this weekend. You all know who you are, and I sincerely thank you.
I had a great time cooking next to PeteG (Smoke Syndicate) and mremus (Hobo Hut BBQ) great groups of people.

Edit: Ron_L, that coffee was just ridiculous good.

Had a great time at Princeton. Our scores are slowly improving. For us it is not about winning, it is about hanging out with a great group of people. We got to know a couple of teams better and meet some new friends. The weather was great.

Edit: Ron_L, that coffee was just ridiculous good.

Thanks, Clark! I wonder if Pimpy has come down off of the caffeine high yet? I think he had four or five cups :becky:

Congrats to the freeman Brothers gang on the GC and Sergeant Smokers on RGC! It was great to see a bunch of Brethren teams walking, especially Harbormaster and the Fat Andy's gang!

Since it was cooler on Friday night Parsley Lady fired up the fire pit and we sat around the fire talking with a bunch of the Brethren, serving margaritas. It was a nice, relaxing evening and we had a great time!

Thanks, Clark! I wonder if Pimpy has come down off of the caffeine high yet? I think he had four or five cups :becky:

Congrats to the freeman Brothers gang on the GC and Sergeant Smokers on RGC! It was great to see a bunch of Brethren teams walking, especially Harbormaster and the Fat Andy's gang!

Since it was cooler on Friday night Parsley Lady fired up the fire pit and we sat around the fire talking with a bunch of the Brethren, serving margaritas. It was a nice, relaxing evening and we had a great time!

I had to balance the number of Margaritas the night before with cups of coffee in the morning.:becky:

Good job everyone.

One other thing...

On the way to Princeton we drove through Pardeeville, WI and the sign for a local business caught our eye. We decided to come home the same way and stop and take a picture of the business.

PC060192.JPG

PC060193.JPG

The lady who had walked outside was looking at me after taking the pictures so I decided to let her know why. I showed her my Captain Ron's Brew-n-Que shirt and she said that she had something for me.

PC060194.JPG

How cool!

Apparently the place has changed owners and will have a new name, "The End Zone", so she really didn't need the Captain Ron's glasses so we now have a couple of souvenirs!

It was a great contest for a bunch of Brethren yet again. We had great weather and it was fun to hear so many familiar names called. Congratulations to The Wyocena Yacht Club, Captain Ron's crew, Fat Andy's backyard folks, QU Smoking Crew, Smoking Scotsmen, Jelly Roll Jones, Coz, and everyone else that got a call.

Thanks for the words of congratulations. It was a great feeling for us to win so close to home and amongst so many familiar teams.

Looks like a very strong day for the Brethren, congrats to all!

On the way to Princeton we drove through Pardeeville, WI and the sign for a local business caught our eye. We decided to come home the same way and stop and take a picture of the business.
Hey Ron, wanna know something that's kinda cool about that place? My wife's uncle Kurt owned it for years. Then it was called the Pardee Inn.

It's kind of a cute little town.

I wish everybody wasn't so tired after a comp, 'cause you'd all be welcome at the Yacht Club for a spell on the drive home.

I wish everybody wasn't so tired after a comp, 'cause you'd all be welcome at the Yacht Club for a spell on the drive home.

Oh sure... Invite us AFTER we're already home! :becky:

That's cool that your wife's Uncle owned it, Clark. I wonder it I could get the Captain Ron's sign when they switch to the new name? But, then again, what the fark would I do with it? :rolleyes:

Big congrats to Freeman brothers and all that heard their name called. It was great seeing everyone again and I have to apologize to Walt and Theresa for my snoring again. Thank you everyone for the congrats, we had a great time.
Andy

Big congrats to Freeman brothers and all that heard their name called. It was great seeing everyone again and I have to apologize to Walt and Theresa for my snoring again. Thank you everyone for the congrats, we had a great time.
Andy

Andy, other than sleep deprivation, it was a great competition :icon_blush:

Princeton has become one of our all time favorate comps.....beautiful setting, great organizers that make you feel very welcome, and best of all, some of the greatest folks in BBQ. Great to see old freinds like One
Arm, Sly fox, Coz, Pimp, Ron L and Amy, Mike and Animal and the list goes on an on.

Very proud to see Wyocena Yacht club kicking it.
Way to go Freemans!!

Back