Its that time of year..., that we cold smoke Salmon

P

Pitmasterx

Yep getiing colder right now and its great opportunity to cold smoke salmon. Not only is it way cheaper to do it yourself its also tastes way better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTWOzLJ-ctU

DSC09253.JPG

DSC09264.JPG

DSC09284.JPG

DSC09307.JPG

DSC09363.JPG

Fresh Salmon has such great color... even when smoked...

Great job!!!!!

You can have mine. Seriously-it's yours. To my senses, regardless of how or who prepares it, the fishiest tasting fish on planet earth. My whole family loves salmon. Don't know what happened to my taste buds. I cook it often for family. But I get a green chile double from
Whataburger on those nights.

Enjoy- it is pretty.

Nice video :thumb:

Are you sure on the 1 1/2 hour cure though ? I think thats way too short, i usually cure 1 1/2 to 2 days.

DM

You can have mine. Seriously-it's yours. To my senses, regardless of how or who prepares it, the fishiest tasting fish on planet earth. My whole family loves salmon. Don't know what happened to my taste buds. I cook it often for family. But I get a green chile double from

Enjoy- it is pretty.

Your not alone. I make it for family and friends but I just can't make myself like it. Lulu will order it a lot when we go out and I always taste it in hopes that I'll figure out a recipe to my liking to no availe.

But...........I love good ole salmon patties..........with a boatload of mustard.:icon_blush:

Nice video :thumb:

Are you sure on the 1 1/2 hour cure though ? I think thats way too short, i usually cure 1 1/2 to 2 days.

DM

Thanks,

I really love the short cure. It makes for a very moist salmon and not to strong on flavor. What I like to do is flavor it depending on how I use it.
For instance on toast I will will add a little cream cheese with fresh herbs. When I do a carpaccio I add a little salt, pepper, lelmon juice, olive oil and dille..

By the way love your salt plank. Still have to try your hay.

Enjoy- it is pretty.

I am glad to see I am not alone out there. I have tried it in every form repeatedly. It's just me. I know it's good.... But I'll take the burger too.
Looks Really good though!

Sorry to hear that some folks have to pass on this beautiful fish.

The upside is that there's more for us. :^)

I saw the salt and sugar and for a moment I thought you were on your way to making gravlax which I love and make often. Never tried cold smoking a salmon. Thanks for the video. I will have to try that. How long of burn do you get with that smoking apparatus?

Looks delicious Pitmasterx! I love salmon, yours looks great!

Back