• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Fathers Day Weekend on the High Plains - w/ Pr0n!

ShadowDriver

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Happy Saturday, Pholks! (I missed Phu's normal Phriday post, as I was on the road)

This week's worn me out six ways from Sunday, but I've tried to make up for it in the last 30 hours (and with more to come tomorrow).

I drove over to Amarillo to hit a really great BBQ Supply store (Trade Round #59 is on!), and to visit a huge Asian grocery... oh, and to enjoy what a good quality grocery store is like.

Picked up a nice ribeye, a sweet potato, and some asparagus on the way home.

Used my standard Oakridge 50/50 Santa Maria & Carne Crosta blend.

ys7SCR8h.jpg

8yKMKikh.jpg

Sorry for the extra scheibengleister on the table... but that's just how life goes 'round here.

ozI8sSVh.jpg

Had a need to cook up some pizzas for dinner, so we decided to recreate (again) Roosevelt Brewing Co's Philly Cheese Steak pie, and Urban 360's Lamb Gyro pie.

Had a bargain chuckie in the freezer, and hit it hard with John Henry's Mojave Garlic. Smoked over hickory until about 160F, then into a pan with some beef bouillon and braised until it was fork tender.

B49a3Heh.jpg

BjNEf0Sh.jpg

5XrTnrPh.jpg

I caramelized some onions and made some Guiness-braised mushrooms.

Ipxr50Uh.jpg

BossLady hit the crust with a homemade Alfredo sauce, then the chuckie, the onions, and mushrooms, before topping it off with grated provolone cheese.

vIiaV2wh.jpg

TyCr2Obh.jpg

A4giyXrh.jpg

Oh yeah, that disappeared quick, and our munchkin destroyed more pieces than we expected.

Time for the gyro pizza.

BossLady cooked up some ground lamb with garlic, oregano, minced onion, S&P, and some dry red wine.

Added some red onion and Feta cheese before the oven... and finished it off with some chopped cherry tomatoes and homemade tatziki sauce at serving time.

KQSyctYh.jpg

YzspsgJh.jpg

cKLCf2gh.jpg

GaQSpBVh.jpg

Oh, hell, yes! This is a keeper! - More feta, and some more onions next time, methinks... but it was delicious.

This UUNI/OONI really has been so much fun.

Jerk chicken thighs and wings yet to come for tomorrow.

Happy Fathers Day to all the Dads out there!

Kind regards and thin blue.

Looks like you are getting after it over there! Just nailing it left, right, and center. Need to find myself a unicorn plate now.

I'm gtr and I approve of this message! :hungry:

That thing with the table is funny - we do a lot of "just push it to the other end of the table" before dinner. The best part is, it's usually about 2 tons of my wife's stuff, but it seems to be one piece of mail I've left on the table - and maybe a magazine or something (usually Costco coupons) - that's making all the mess. :doh:

Great stuff, and I hope you have a very enjoyable Father's Day!

That thing with the table... it's usually about 2 tons of my wife's stuff, but it seems to be one piece of mail I've left on the table - and maybe a magazine or something (usually Costco coupons) - that's making all the mess. :doh:

This. The struggle is real. :tsk: :roll: :laugh:

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
it's usually about 2 tons of my wife's stuff, but it seems to be one piece of mail I've left on the table - and maybe a magazine or something (usually Costco coupons) - that's making all the mess
.../QUOTE]

Glad to hear I’m not the only one with these kind of problems.... gott’a love ‘em.... can’t shoot ‘em

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This. The struggle is real. :tsk: :roll: :laugh:

Yup. For the last 43 years it's been my 2-3 pieces of stuff that has tipped the scales from tidy to HUGE MESS! A universal truth that will hijack any thread.

Great food, great pics, and my hat's off to anybody who will go thru all those steps to get to great pizza.

Dang man! Everything looked phenomenal. You need those busy work weeks to work off all of that good-eatin' or you will expand the ol' waistline. Good to see it's a great family weekend!

Looks like we both were doing pizza last night, I'd show mine but why shame myself after seeing yours!

Happy Father's Day Brother. :)

Hero Status Achieved. Nice work

I had a lot of ideas, but think I will sit back and learn. Don’t stop

Back