• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Backwoods Chubby 3400 and Guru Adapter Plate

Dubs

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with the Backwoods Chubby 3400 specifically and the Guru Adapter? As designed currently - it does not fit. I know it will work on other Backwoods but the 3400 has a different design on the inside and the screws are in a new place.

I sent Backwoods and BBQ Guru and email about it and I am sure there is a solution as both companies have been around a while and produce solid products.

You are correct, it doesn’t fit.

I went through this nearly a year ago. There appears to have been assumptions made by BBQ Guru about the standard/original Backwoods adapter fitting the 3400 but they are incorrect.

After several email exchanges with photos showing the problem, BBQ Guru finally sent me an expansion clip that they use on other adaptors and that i used to cover the gaps. It works with the expansion clips, but for the price (US$40) BBQ Guru charge for a few pieces of fabricated metal you’d expect it to fit properly.

It’s sad to see that BBQ Guru don’t appear to have done anything about this ill-fitting adapter since I notified them in May 2018 and continue to sell it as being suitable as is.

Last edited:
Back