Greetings from Oklahoma

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

ramrod25

I am just getting started - haven't even smoked my first - anything - yet.

I just bought a COS - Brinkman Smoke N Pit - have been working to get it sealed and where it will hold temps. I put three thermometers, evenly spaced in the smoking chamber and have also put in baffle plates. Replaced the end door on the firepit with 3/32 metal and sealed everthing with Hi Temp Silicon Seal.

I bought a BBQ Guru and am learning how to get it to work with this smoker. I've done two test runs (without any meat) and am getting close to putting some meat at risk. I am going to run the BBQ Guru thru a calibration procedure tonight and then do one more test run on the smoker. Then I'll start with some spare ribs.

My thought was to get started and get some experience before I build my own smoker. My hobbies are woodworking, welding, flying, pontooning and my wife and I are currently building a new house. That's one reason I decided to by an inexpensive smoker - just don't have time to build a really good one yet.

I got interested in smokin because I have a cousin who is really good at it and I've always like to learn new things. I've always enjoyed cooking on a grill, and now I want to learn how to "Q" for real.

So I am as new to this style of cookin as one can get. I've really enjoyed this web site and it has been a tremendous help in getting started.

Regards
Rodney Wren

Hey there Ramrod. Put something on that pit already will ya? :mrgreen:
Welcome to the best clubhouse on the web!

Welcome Rodney. We have had very good luck with Okies in here -- so far :mrgreen: I am looking forward to seeing your posts and pron.

Welcome Rodney your going to enjoy your smoker.You will find yourself smokin everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back