Epic Grilling Day -Tailgating at Home Last Sunday - Lotta Pr0n

GrillinFool

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
We didn't grill before the game, head inside to watch the game and then go back out to cook some more. We brought the game to the grills by setting up a TV outside:

TAH1.jpg

It wasn't the 50 inch from the man cave in the basement, but it was all we needed for the eight of us to watch football while still enjoying the sweet pear smoke and the smell of the cooking meat.

And inside, you don't have to rotate the TV to another spot so that everyone can sit in the shade:

TAH2.jpg

Here are a couple shots of the organized chaos that was this home tailgate, but it was so glorious, I have absolutely no complaints:

TAH15-Crowd-Shot.jpg

Tailgating-1.jpg

So what did we cook? I will preface the answer with what you read here may make your cardiologist cry.

I started off by doing a taste test between a brined steak and an unbrined steak. Everyone got a couple bites of these two beauties:

Brined-Steak-Test13.jpg

Here are three of the tasters, from the left, Arthur, Roy and Dave:

TAH4.jpg

Now I can't give everyone a couple bites of steak and then serve them burgers, so I had these NY Strips ready for the second course:

SFAC11.jpg

SFAC71.jpg

Grilling steaks for eight, having them cooked to the proper doneness and all ready to eat at the same time can be a little difficult. So much so that I wrote up another post on exactly how to pull it off. Click here to see how to cook steaks for eight.

Some Romaine went on the grill while the steaks rested:

TAH5-Lettuce.jpg

You can find the full write up on how to grill lettuce by clicking here.
Now that we have the roughage out of the way, let's get back to the meat. Arthur Aguirre, proud founder of MajorLeagueGrilling.com, and frequent contributor here as King, brought his amazing grill skills as well as a bacon wrapped meatloaf and blueberry muffin stuffed fatty both ready for the grill:

Tailgating-2.jpg

Tailgating-3.jpg

Tailgating-22-Phone-Pics.jpg

Tailgating-9.jpg

Tailgating-12.jpg

The fatty sliced:

Tailgating-10.jpg

The meatloaf is about ready for the cutting board:

TAH7-meatloaf.jpg

On the cutting board and slathered in sauce:

Tailgating-13.jpg

Arthur carving that work of art:

TAH8-Slicing-the-meatloaf.jpg

TAH9-Meatloaf-Sliced.jpg

But we didn't stop there. We had to have some ribs which are my apple pumpkin ribs:

TAH6-Ribs.jpg

Tailgating-16.jpg

Tailgating-15.jpg

Time for me to slice those bones:

Tailgating-17.jpg

Time for a taste test. Don't you love mid chew pictures:

TAH13-sampling-ribs.jpg

But we didn't stop there. I had a new recipe to try, Pumpkin Ale Brined Pork Tenderloin with my Pumpkin Rub from the rib recipe above. Check back for the recipe on that one:

TAH10-Tenderloins.jpg

PPTL9.jpg

We reveled in football, imbibed in adult beverages and most of all, ate like kings:

Tailgating-14.jpg

Tailgating-11.jpg

But all good things must come to an end, and so did maybe the most glorious grilling day of my life as we sampled ribs and some of us packed up to go:

TAH14-Ribs-and-Packing-up.jpg

I want to thank Scott, Brian, Roy, Erik, Shane, Dave, and most of all Arthur and his contributions, for coming over and enjoying that first Sunday of pro football and grilling. It was an insanely over the top grilling event. Can't wait for next year.

Awesome feast. And awesome woot shirt, I've got that same one on today.

You guys don't mess around. Everything looks great :thumb:

What was ridiculous was that I was going to do stuffed peppers too, but the peppers at my grocer looked like hell so I passed. I also had all the stuff to do crostinis but never got around to it...

dang that is a nice spread...the steaks looked fantatstic....and the ribs...and the loaf.....and the fatty.....awesome!

Spectacular spread! It doesn't get better than that! :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Where do you live in St. Louis? YOu look like you're right down the street from my inlaws!

What I think is absolutly hilarious is that this bash was held in your FRONT yard! :becky: I imagine that traffic was slowed as they went by with the smell blowing out into the street! :clap2:

What I think is absolutly hilarious is that this bash was held in your FRONT yard! :becky: I imagine that traffic was slowed as they went by with the smell blowing out into the street! :clap2:

I have no shade in the backyard so I do this in the front. I have an umbrella in the back, but not enough for 8 guys to sit under.

And some of the looks by the neighbors were just part of the fun

Back