• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

My Never Ending Rant On Enhanced Pork....

thirdeye

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Reaction score
...continued this afternoon at my local Albertsons.
67346f1c.gif
They have been remodeling and introducing a few new items. With the exception of small Boston butts and country ribs (cut from the butt) every other pork item these guys sell is enhanced, so I never give it a look. Today, I did a second take because all kinds of stuff had the FRESH Pork label. I had some chops and a loin roast in my basket when the meat cutter came out for re-stocking. So I said "I see you have finally changed up and are getting rid of that juiced up pork". He said, (now get this) "Nah, we just ran out of the other labels".
851ed9a7.gif

Hopefully the rest of our conversation, where I reminded him about consumers right-to-know as well as the USDA rules on labeling sunk in.

I only shop at Albertsons for sales and many times have gotten deals on mispriced meat items, that sounds like par for the course! I did notice they were carrying Choice briskets deckle off instead of Select packers.

I'd be reporting them to every organization I could think of.

Now that's just sorry. There is no use for a "butcher" like that. I agree that i don;t think i'd be buying meat there, even if it is on sale, as you know you can't rely on the accuracy of labels.

I agree, I think it's why I only buy cryo's of 2 when I can. You never know.

Here in So Cali. Farmer John brand enhances there frgin spares......I smoked a couple racks recently......Not bad!:mrgreen::eek::-D

Back