first offering on the uds

E

eugenius

Looking to do spare ribs on my uds, any tips for HEAT & TIME.
will try to post pics but am computer illeterate. EXTERMELY BAD.
Thanx for any and all advice. :confused::confused::confused:

Look up 3-2-1 method. Cut times back a little. Remember if you are using the gauge on side actual center is 30 -50 degrees hotter. I run my gauge on side about 200.

eugenius, are you going to trim to St Louis style? The rack turns out more even and the cuttings cook a little quicker for a cook's treat while waiting for the rest to get done. I do not usually foil and what n8man said is right on. If I do foil, it is only for about 30 minutes as I like a little pull from the bone. I usually flip a couple of times just because I can't help myself. It seems to keep the color a little more even. My barrel therm reads 200 when the center of the grate is actually 240. Good luck brother and keep us posted. The will come out great with just about whatever you do on the UDS!!

runnin a little late guys, but thanx for the update 1:15 Al. time fixin to trow the chimney on the uds coal 1/2 brick & 1/2 lump w/hickory.
Howtons dry rub, and Lea and Perrins. Cross your fingers.

Good luck. keep us posted and don't forget the pix.

UDS at 200, applying meat, and thunking bout sum ABTs, and smoked baked beans and gettin in over my head.
But workin on pics.

Spares were the first cook on my BDS in June of '06. I don't remember the pit temp, but my drum really likes 240*, so it was somwhere around there. I did play with the vents a little, but not much. Anyway, here is the old post I made with the details of the cook:

0b1ffa68.jpg

This is the last time I'll see my BDS this shiny! I made an Eastern North Carolina vinegar sauce and mopped each hour after the second turn. This is how they looked after 4 hours.

af9fd0a7.jpg

Here is the finished product, about 5 hours into the cook.

1f1724ff.jpg

Looks like you used all lump, Any preferance one way or the other.
I'm just comin back to my senses from gas smokin.:icon_smil:icon_smil:icon_smil

Go get um !!:biggrin: Good luck.:biggrin: Can't wait to see the finished pics.:cool::cool:

Ready2smoke builds a h3ii of a uds I am playing h3ii keeping it under 275 with 1/4
of one 3/4 inch intake open. 5 til 5 Al. takin pics and trying to figure how to post

If your opening it to check your screwing up. Make sure lid is down and sealed as best you can.

Guys, loved the ABTs, come on ice cream. working on pics, maybe couple of HRs.( got a yungan workin on it ) FIRST SMOKE LUV MY UDS.

kodak.easyshare
got pics but dont know how to pull themup on the comp.
Plus a little enibreatetttttt.

Funny you should ask Bubba, AS A child of 2-4 years old I looked like a sumo wrestler and my uncle called me FatBoy and still does today.

Back