• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

1st guru cook

Hozman

Take a breath!
Reaction score
Breaking in the GURU at the fire station today doing a rib roast and some rib pieces that I saved from doing St Louis cuts last week.

Hoping the temp probe for fan is right. Have it running at 250* but my maverick says 202*

Will certainly do an ice water test after this cook on all probes. Maverick probe is new too.

Will post pics later:thumb:

Try clipping the pit probe to a chunk of wood sitting on the grate. It seems like clipping directly to the grate returns hotter temp readings.

I had the same issue with my new iQue 110 last weekend. I had it set to 300 for seasoning, but it didn't stop blowing until my Maverick reached 340. It seemed to equalize after a while, and when I did my maiden cook the next day at 235, it seemed to hold pretty well. I am going to run it a few more times before I conclude there is a problem.

I am a firefighter as well, you may wanna be sure none of your co workers are messing with your probes. Stranger things have happened.

I am a firefighter as well, you may wanna be sure none of your co workers are messing with your probes. Stranger things have happened.

What you think a "brother" would mess with one of his fellow firefighter, lol. Never seen that happen before!

Back