My first UDS build

Dartguy

Found some matches.
Reaction score
So I owe you guys some thanks. I wouldn't have attempted this build without this site. I love bbq but have never smoked before so this is my attempt at DIY. I plan on the first use this weekend, pork butt and brisket.
Here are a few pics.

IMG_0616.jpg

IMG_0619.JPG

IMG_0628.jpg

IMG_0634.jpg

Cool - what's ur basket look like? U got 1 grate or 2? Difusser?

Looking good so far. I'm hoping to start my first build this weekend. Have found and learned lots of useful info on this site

Baskets almost done. Not sure if im going to get it welded or stainless safety wire. will know more tomorrow. I don't have a diffuser yet, but I want to try it. right now I have 1 grill but I left room for the top if needed. Ill post a pick of the basket tomorrow. It should be done by then.

Nice Job, I am in the same boat as you, brand new to real BBQ and Smoking Meat. I am building my own first UDS as well, and this site has been great for info. Now if I could ever get the missus to lay off the Honey Doo list, I will get my UDS done as well.

Nice Job, I am in the same boat as you, brand new to real BBQ and Smoking Meat. I am building my own first UDS as well, and this site has been great for info. Now if I could ever get the missus to lay off the Honey Doo list, I will get my UDS done as well.

The good thing about a UDS is, they hardly take any time at all minus the burn and clean. Real quick and easy to put together.

Congrats! I'm in the process of building my first UDS as well! I'm sure it's going to be amazing!

Looking good. You are going to be cooking some awesome tasting BBQ with that UDS.

Back