MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 06-18-2013, 12:07 PM   #16
sincitydisciple01
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Jason

As mentioned above, if you are going with a Foodsaver, never pay full price. Sign up for emails from Foodsaver and you will see just how often they put them on sale (or at least bundle the sealer w/ assorted bags and containers).

Also, if you are sealing food w/ the intent to freeze, whenever possible, freeze the contents in the bag first and then seal it. The vacuum process, even on the gentle setting can pull the juice/liquid out of whatever you are sealing.
KCBS: 2010
CBJ: 2011
Damn near impossible to lose [COLOR=Lime]BRIGHT GREEN[/COLOR] superfast Thermapen
On Twitter @BigIronBBQ
sincitydisciple01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-18-2013, 12:28 PM   #17
Mrfish
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Ron

After my second food saver bit the dust two months ago, I went the Weston Route. Huge difference. I can officially say I suck now.

They also had some refurbished models marked down on their website at the time.
Mrfish is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-18-2013, 03:01 PM   #18
scayne62
Full Fledged Farker

I got a $25 discount and bundled some extra bags in with the free shipping. I thought that was fair.

Old 06-18-2013, 03:17 PM   #19
newpower
Knows what a fatty is.

I have been using the foodsaver system for years. The first one I got at kohls for under $100. Believe it or not I found 1 at salvation army for $3.00 and another at a flea market for $5.00. Both work great and I too use them after the Sams Club trips. Don't be afraid of the cheapys.
newpower is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-18-2013, 05:20 PM   #20
IamMadMan
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakdung View Post
I own a Weston Pro 2300 and have had it for about 5 years without issue. This is the same vacuum sealer that is rebranded for Cabelas. It is a dual pump machine, which gives you more negative pressure. At this price point, the Weston sealer met all of my requirement. The less expensive units sold at Walmart, are single pump.
http://www.westonsupply.com/Weston-V...%20sealers.htm
Good luck,
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcj3rd View Post
+1 on Weston Pro 2300. Works flawlessly and you can get replacement parts for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromthePitBBQ View Post
2nd for Weston!!! You get what you pay for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrfish View Post
After my second food saver bit the dust two months ago, I went the Weston Route.
I agree, the Weston cannot be compared to the single pump foodsavers.
IamMadMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-18-2013, 07:20 PM   #21
NRA4Life
is One Chatty Farker

I've got the Weston Pro2300. Don't waste your money on a throw-away sealer...spend the money once and get the Weston.
[B]Superior SS-3[/B] - Courtesy of Gainesville Jaycees and Superior Smokers
Custom Built Reverse Flow Stickburner
[B]Weber[/B] 22.5" WSM
[B]Weber[/B] 26.75" OTG
[B]Weber[/B] Blue 2000 Stainless Performer
[B]Weber[/B] Red 1998 Stainless Performer
NRA4Life is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-18-2013, 08:10 PM   #22
firefighter4634
is one Smokin' Farker

I have a Foodsaver V1090. I have had it for about five years, while it does not get a lot of hard use it does get used and it has worked well for me. The only time I have an issue is with meat that has a lot of juice if I do not put it in the freezer before sealing it some moisture gets on the area of the bag that the seal is and it has leaks there.

Old 06-18-2013, 08:15 PM   #23
martyleach
Quintessential Chatty Farker

If you have a Costco nearby I would highly recommend buying a Foodsaver anything from them. Foodsavers are not a high end product but do work very well. Mine died after about 6 months. I took it back (with the receipt) and they replaced it, no questions asked. That happened again 8 months later. No problem. It may be cheaper on Amazon but a no hassle return policy is pretty darn nice.

Custom wooden handles for BBQ's made by Marty Leach (oh, that's me)
[url]http://www.amlwoodart.com[/url]
martyleach is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-18-2013, 08:54 PM   #24
BugCollector
Found some matches.

I have a Weston 2300. I'm on my second one. The first lasted 2 years. I process a lot of meat. I raise all my own chickens and freeze them whole (well after they are plucked and eviscerated). I process hogs and goats as well. We were a little disappointed when the first unit snuffed it. We had purchased it from Cabela's and they didn't want anything to do with it since it was out of warranty. Well, we had 30 chickens ready for processing so we just sucked it up and bought another one. It's lasted 2 years so far and we have the old one for spare parts. No problems yet.
BugCollector is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-25-2013, 10:22 PM   #25
Dirtbuddy
is one Smokin' Farker

Just bought the Cabela's Pro Series vacuum sealer, done with my f'ing FoodSaver Game Saver Deluxe. Just processing 10lbs of bacon and nothing but grief.

Old 06-25-2013, 10:35 PM   #26
IamMadMan
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbuddy View Post
Just bought the Cabela's Pro Series vacuum sealer, done with my f'ing FoodSaver Game Saver Deluxe. Just processing 10lbs of bacon and nothing but grief.
Glad to see you are moving up.... Congratulations.
IamMadMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-26-2013, 12:52 AM   #27
ChuckieD
Got Wood.

I have a 1968 Foodsaver that I bought at a Home Show for around $300.00 buck's, still work'in and bought the 3420 model for the kid's for Xmas,, so nice bought one for me.. and love it.. can't go wrong..
ChuckieD is offline   Reply With Quote