Roots N Blues N BBQs Festival

Southern Home Boy

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Anyone here heard anything about this Blues & que fest in Columbia, MO? I can't seem to find too much information on it or even if it's a competition or just a vendor-based BBQ fest.

My wife is a runner looking for a race and I ran across the name because they're hosting a 1/2 marathon too.

Just curious if anyone knows anything about it.

Thanks.

from what i know its a little of both. Teams are encouraged to vend or have to pay extra to vend or something like that.

We cooked it 2 years ago..You can vend ( I remember it being high to do it) Most teams just cooked..Lots of people , lots of bands, fun contest. They had moved the date so we didn 't cook it last year.

Damn!! its $1500 for a 10x10 vendor site!!!!! All the way to $5000 for a 10x40.

Terry

Thats about what I remembered. expensive to vend .. Lots of people go through it though..I remember 3 stages and like 24 bands?

I have cooked it the last two years. Yes vending does suck. However, I know 2 vendors personally and they said they would do it again. One of those was BBQ. A lot of people attended the event. Now in my honest opinion, I think there were less last year then the year before. It was also the first year they charged to see the main stage.

It is expensive to vend. The date of the contest looks like it's going to be the same weekend as the Royal. They have to have the contest on a weekend when there are no MU home football games and Mizzou has 5 in a row that month

Back