MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 06-30-2011, 10:21 PM   #1
bigabyte
somebody shut me the fark up.

Default Even More Human Experimentation with Cow Pow!

As some of you may recall, I recently restocked some Big Butz BBQ Sauce. In addition to the sauce there were some special gifts...

My 15 year old son Sebastian and I were having burgers tonight, so I figured it was a good time to use this stuff...

Behold! Cow Pow!

...and this is what Cow Pow looks like when it's not glistening in the sunlight...

I informed my son that he was a test subject tonight and that we were only putting Cow Pow seasoning on the burgers. He has some favorite seasonings already that he usually adds to his burgers after they're done even though I seasoned or flavored the meat ahead of time. He was cool with it but wanted a taste of it first.

He approved!

While the chimney was lighting up I made some burger patties. One for me, one for Sebastian, and one we can fight for later!

I seasoned them with a good amount of Cow Pow to help satisfy my sons super-seasoned tastes and let the rub get to know the meat, sort of biblical almost.

When the grill was ready, on they went!

First flip...

2nd flip and onto direct heat for a sear...

One more flip to sear the other side...

...and they were DONE! We were hungry from smelling the burgers and rushed into the house. Then the dang dog decided he was going to run by me as I was going through the doorway, slamming me against the side of the door making the burgers fly all over the place and onto the floor where they busted up into multiple fragments and sprayed burger juice onto everyone and many various nooks and crannies in the dining area.

No sooner had they hit the floor, the dog who instigated the whole incident (along with the little dog) started digging right in to their new found meal. I question if this was truly an accident or not!

So I went back outside and opened the lid and the intakes to my kettle to get the coals back, which they did fairly promptly. I then made 3 new patties...

I seasoned them with Cow Pow...

...and put them on the grill.

Like the last time I gave them a flip.

Then another flip and onto direct heat for a sear...

Then a final flip to sear the other side.

Alas! They were done!

I headed to the door and opened it and let the dogs tear inside as fast as they could. I think they were expecting more burgers to fly onto the floor. But I waited until they were inside this time and THEN I went inside! I sure showed them!

I did not get any pics of us eating them because they did not last long at all. We didn't even get plates. We just put the meat in a bun (no condiments or anything) and tried a bite to be good little guinea pigs. They were so good and juicy that they disappeared before we even thought about grabbing plates and chips and drinks or anything like that. They were tasty! I am curious though...I kind of thought the flavor might also go with some other meats like pork or maybe chicken. One thing is certain though, it ROCKS on burgers!

This concludes tonight's Cow Pow Burger Human Experiment at the Baker Research Facility.
Certified MOINK Baller & IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball Judge #0003 - Are you MOINK Certified?
Sole recipient of the Silverfinger and fingerlickin Awards!

Don't forget about the Throwdown Thingies!
The Secret Squirrel Society doesn't exist - Zero Club

Duh.

Last edited by bigabyte; 06-30-2011 at 11:28 PM.. Reason: speeloing
bigabyte is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->

Old 06-30-2011, 10:24 PM   #2
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron

Wow! What an amazing feat! Your turned partially cooked burgers back into raw burgers again!

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/
Ron_L is online now   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 06-30-2011, 10:38 PM   #3
bigabyte

Hmmm....must have pasted the wrong link...
Certified MOINK Baller & IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball Judge #0003 - Are you MOINK Certified?

Duh.

Old 06-30-2011, 10:40 PM   #4
bigabyte

There...now the correct finished pic is there!

Duh.

Old 06-30-2011, 10:41 PM   #5
Smiter Q
is One Chatty Farker

Ha!
For those of us who have dog households... we understand how things like that can happen!!!
Glad you had the stand by's ready to go!
Brian: Weber: OTG + Lime Performer - - Keeping the Armor On - Eph. 6:11
Smiter Q is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-30-2011, 10:47 PM   #6
bigabyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiter Q View Post
Ha!
For those of us who have dog households... we understand how things like that can happen!!!
Glad you had the stand by's ready to go!
My wife went to the butcher today to pick up some meat for some of the groups we're making food for this weekend. While she was there she picked up 13 pounds of ground chuck. So we had LOTS of hamburger that I had not yet divided up and frozen just yet.

Duh.

Old 06-30-2011, 10:50 PM   #7
bigfootinindiana
Knows what a fatty is.

Thank goodness this had a happy ending... After all the build up about the CowPow I wasn't ready to hear those burgers became dog food! My dog would have been slow through the door, but would have methodically knocked over your IPA and devoured it.

Old 06-30-2011, 10:56 PM   #8
BigButzBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

Gotta like the look on that boys face after sampling. See dads do have some fun stuff to try that aren't scary, once in awhile.
The dog incident is a classic. Just more proof of the animal conspiracy against humans. Good think you had back up.
Now that's what I call being prepared.

12" Charbroil, SJS, WGA:becky:, 22.5 OTG:thumb:, mUDS:drama:, 2 UDS:cool: w/AML Wood Art Custom Handles, 2 pull behind rigs The Beast :twisted:, & the new White Shadow :hail: :twisted:

Inventor of[B]:[/B][COLOR=black] [URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1273411&postcount=1"][B]3BGB![/B][/URL][B] , [/B][URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1284334&postcount=1"][B]Shigen![/B][/URL][B] , & [/B][URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1387858&postcount=1"][B]Bacone Scotch Egg Sundae![/B][/URL][/COLOR]
:hail:Avatar by Zydecopaws:hail:
[B][URL="http://BigButzBBQSauce.net"]Big Butz BBQ Products [/URL][/B]
BigButzBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-01-2011, 04:47 AM   #9
Phubar

I need that for lunch right now!

All fueled by [COLOR=lime]Ecobrasa[/COLOR] Coco Briquettes

*[URL="http://lowlandsmokers.blogspot.com/2011/06/lowland-smokers-workshop-hei-en-boeicop.html"]Lowland Smokers[/URL] Dutch BBQ Champion 2011 - 2012*
*[URL="http://lowlandsmokers.blogspot.com/2011/06/lowland-smokers-workshop-hei-en-boeicop.html"]Lowland Smokers[/URL] Dutch BBQ Champion 2013 Low 'n Slow
*WGA Ambassador
Phubar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-01-2011, 05:07 AM   #10
ha-ben-arrow
On the road to being a farker

great review
ha-ben-arrow is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-01-2011, 07:11 AM   #11
Gore
Phizzy

Location: Hiding out from blood suck ghost snake gods, Nazis and scrap iron chefs trying to harvest body parts
Name/Nickname : Gore (surprise!)

Looks wonderful, Master. No pictures of your experimentation on the canines though.
(='.'=) This is the rabbit baby. Invests him in yours signature,
(")_(") and the help rabbit baby takes over control of the world!
Hmmmm, I wonder, WWGALD? Avatar courtesy of Grillman and NorthwestBBQ

Promoted by Bigabyte to "Idiot #1" , and dubbed "Phizzy" by Sir Ron.
Gore is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-01-2011, 07:12 AM   #12
deguerre

If you had cats, they still would have tripped you up, then given you an I'd kill you if you were smaller look, and then walk off without even a sniff at the meat.

I can't see the pics!

Nice write up though.
[/B][/FONT]"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog
deguerre is offline   Reply With Quote