Ok, how do "you" do it? Pron please!

THoey1963

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I have four racks of full spares (almost 22 pounds of meat) that I am doing on my WSM 22.5". I planned on using a rack and getting all four on the top shelf, but they were so close together that they were one BIG mass of meat. I know you want airflow, so had to scrap that idea.

Decide to throw two on each cooking grate, but that pretty much covered each grate completely and I knew that would be bad for airflow too and make toasty ends.

I got 8 metal shish-kabob skewers and wove two through each rack to kind of make them wavy shaped so I could fit them on each grate, but not sure that is the best way.

So, how do you put four racks of full spares on a 22.5 WSM? Pictures would help me understand...

If i do a lot of ribs i will do like you did with the thicker side up or do like some others and make circles out of them and stand them up that way or buy another cooker! :thumb: :becky:

This is what I ended up doing...

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 175
I use a rib rack.

That was my initial intention. I started putting those in my rib rack and the tops folded over. I basically made one huge cube of pork, which sounds good, but not sure how well it would have cooked.

But thanks for the suggestions...

How about a rib rack with tooth pics keeping them separated?

That sounds like a great suggestion for next time. I coule even use shorter skewers. Build it all inside on a cookie sheet, take it out and transfer to the grill. Thanks FWIS!

I have a a couple of rib racks that fit the 18 wsm. I can fit 4 racks St Louis and the tips in one load.

Back