Contest Results Columbia, Mo. "Paws and Claws" Oct. 10-11, 2008 ***Results added***

me and criter cookers are hellping with the food for friday night

so we will be there and criter cookers will be there

last one of the year

york

Team Q will be there. It will be the last of three contests in a row. So I'm not sure what condition we will be in. :eek:

John it was nice meeting you and Jay last week. Look forward to drinking a few beer again next week.

Cheers,
Nate

They still have openings? I'm thinking of bringing out the stick burner and kickin' it "old school" while the Mrs. vends off the FEC at home......

Yup, looking forward to this one. Last of the year. Cross your fingers for wonderful weather.

Trail Boss BBQ. will be there. We're really looking forward to being there. It'll be a great time to cook with all the teams before we call it quits for competitions for the year.

Well guys the countdown begins......we are kicking off the last cookoff in the Central Missouri Area before the seasons sloooooooooows down. Just wanted to give a great BIG appreciation to all the teams who have chipped in and helped out. Even if you aren't competing doesn't mean you can't come out and enjoy the festivities!!!! Str8Arrow Band is playing again this year, we have tons of silent auction items, including MIZZOU Football autographed by Gary Pinkle and the First String Team...., Carl Edwards autographed die cast car, Carl Edwards autographed photo, Carl Edwards autographed T-shirt, St. Louis Cardinals Jacket, Brinkman Smoker, BBQ Sauce, BBQ gift baskets, tickets to various events, and many, many more silent auction items, 400 cc, Artic Cat utlility ATV four wheel drive, two speed reverse, four wheel drive on the fly.....(live auction item at 7:00 p.m.) clear 99.3 will be live remote broadcasting and emceeing the event. All money raised (100%) through auction and personal donations/sponsorships will be donated to the Central Missouri Humane Society. We even have a Custom Made Spice Wine Smoker donated by Jay Curry and Spice Wine Ironworks....tickets for the raffle are $10.00 a piece. We giving goodie bags to the teams, filled with great stuff. Chick N' Pig are serving hot biscuits and gravy Saturday Morning! SPECIAL Thank you(s) for all of your hard work and donations.....to Beta Beta Que Society, Chick N' Pig, Trail Boss BBQ, Spice Wine Ironworks A.K.A. (Team Q), Beam Boys BBQ, Critter Cookers , JCQ BBQ, Bass Pro Shop, all the companies that have donated and all the teams that have signed up to make this event possible.....we can't do it without you guys! We look forward to having everyone there, and as always having a great time. Thanks everyone!!!!! If anyone has any questions feel free to email me at aolmstead@hawthornbank.com.

I'm a little burnt out, but will drag my sorry arse out for this one. I will be doing some crab stuffed, bacon wraped shrimp that I am practicing for my trip to New York in a couple of weeks " Battle of the Brethren in Sayville" Your comments would be welcome.

Sounds like the Humane Society is really hurting right now!! What great time to hand them a big check.

See you all Friday!!

Spice

Where in Columbia is this being held?

"Paws" will bring my total to 9 comps judged during this first season as CBJ. It has been a fun year. I've learned a lot, and met some wonderful people.

Where in Columbia is this being held?
Bass Pro I believe. Just north of I70/63 turn off.

sorry I was too slow, Jay beat me to it.

Last edited:
Thanks Jay and Brian. Additionally, I received an info email from Jamey, this morning. The weather forecast looks promising –– like I'll be rolling on two wheels again. Good luck to all Brethren members competing.

It looks like it will be a fine weekend for a contest.
Web5day.jpg

Back