6 Spares on the WSM

Wrapping the bowl in foil, no water. You crazy Farkers are a bad influence, LOL. I loved how on the chicken cook I just disposed of the foil and done.

You could get real adventurous and leave the bowl out. I haven't used the bowl at all in the past couple years on my 22. But I do have the Hunsaker vortex basket, which works wonders compared to the stock fire ring.

You could get real adventurous and leave the bowl out. I haven't used the bowl at all in the past couple years on my 22. But I do have the Hunsaker vortex basket, which works wonders compared to the stock fire ring.

One more item on the list

Lump charcoal with pecan chunks started 30 minutes ago.

Haven’t decided if I’m using the rib rack or not
I don’t really know if I can get three racks on each grate laying them flat.

Last edited:
Wrapping the bowl in foil, no water. You crazy Farkers are a bad influence, LOL. I loved how on the chicken cook I just disposed of the foil and done.

I am truly glad this works for you. It never worked for me. Always leaked. Two layers of heavy duty...no go.:doh:

I am truly glad this works for you. It never worked for me. Always leaked. Two layers of heavy duty...no go.:doh:

I put two on the bottom and two on top. I make ridges at the end so if they leak it will pool. Then put a third in the middle. So far it’s worked.
I do like the water pan with my brisket and butts.

Last edited:
These are from Costco. They have huge ribs and I don’t trim usually.

Looks like a great day!

I'm in Plainfield as well, but this weekend I'm hitting the breweries in SW Wisconsin while the wife is running an ultra marathon.

New Galarus is next!

Which Costco by the way, the new one on US30/I55?

Looks like a great day!

I'm in Plainfield as well, but this weekend I'm hitting the breweries in SW Wisconsin while the wife is running an ultra marathon.

New Galarus is next!

Which Costco by the way, the new one on US30/I55?

Cool
Yes, it’s never busy when my wife goes in the morning. I Cooked a 18pound brisket from there a few weeks back and two $.99/pound butts from Meijer.

My oldest daughter and her boyfriend do the marathons and are going to run some triathlons this summer.

Got my spray ready; apple cider vinegar and again because of you Farkers a hefty tablespoon of hot sauce. I was shaking it up and saw the Wife’s peach wine so I added some of that too. Total volume around 15 fl oz.

Back