Chicken Pasole Verde

chicagokp

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I made some Chicken Pasole Verde over the weekend. Turned out very well, this is what I did.

Put a 4 pound chicken on the rotisserie seasoned with Plowboys Yardbird.

null_zpsfdf96c27.jpg

When it was done, she rested and we pulled the chicken from the carcass.

null_zpsdab0197b.jpg

Then I made a stock from the bones....In the pot went some carrots, onion, celery, cilantro, thyme, garlic, salt and pepper. And a gallon of water.

null_zps42acd84a.jpg

null_zps2bf701eb.jpg

When it was done, I had about 7 cups of stock.

null_zps6f72e968.jpg

That all went into the fridge until Sunday.

For the pasole base, I put the following in my food processor in 8 tomatillos, 1 small onion, about a cup of rough chopped cilantro, salt, pepper, 1 cup of stock, 4 garlic cloves, 4 anaheim peppers that I roasted on the cooktop.

null_zpsc4dddb07.jpg

That went into my stock pot with 2 Tbsp of hot vegetable oil to cook until the color darkened a bit. Maybe 10-11 minutes.

null_zps448b22bd.jpg

Then I added in 2 large cans of drained hominy and the remainder of the stock.

null_zps99aaf169.jpg

After cooking for 30 min or so, I reseasoned with salt and pepper, then we added in the chopped up chicken and cooked for another 10 or so minutes before serving.

Garnished with cilantro, avocado and lime. We also had some fresh bread. Traditionally, you can also garnish with radish, lettuce, tortilla strips, etc. And it's good to have a bottle of hot sauce on the side to make sure it's at the heat level you want.

null_zpsf9a2232d.jpg

So good!

null_zps3f56294d.jpg

Enjoy!

Back