• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Side of the road Score

fball1208

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Found this on the side of the road. 95 kettle made by weber for kenmore. says kenmore on the handles.

Attachments

• moto_0115.jpg
    moto_0115.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 329
I have the same kettle I use with an extender as a WSM. Sears had an "economy" kettle that was a 3 vent bar-b-kettle. There are just a few subtle differences. 1. All black wheels. 2. No information stamped on vents. 3. The original coal grate was actually a porcelined pan with a thin grate above it. The idea was after a cook you could just empty the pan. The grate did not last very long on most, so if you are lucky to find one with a little use on it the original coal grate is probably gone.

I too found mind as a "trash" kettle. I cleaned mine up and bolted on the leg attachments to the kettle and then bolted on the lid handle. It cooks up a storm now. Had it for almost ten years.

Roadside find

Nice find!

My BarBeKettle is old looking. Threw a coat of high-temp paint on it, did a burn-in to scrape the old crap out of the grill. Two new grates and a replacement vent set and it will serve as a nice alternative the the Smokey Joe for at home.

It doesnt say weber on it besides a very small print on the lid damper. I called weber with the number on the lid (EO) and thats the infomation they gave me. It does have the cooking grate but is missing the charcoal grate and wheels. bowl is in perfect shape though a little rust on the bottom thats it. I Have a picture of the inside put it doesnt seem to want to post.

Back