Some Beef Ribs and Beans

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I soaked my pinto and anasazi beans overnight, then started them on the fire while cooking breakfast so they could simmer all day.
(To the beans I added, onion, garlic, thyme, basil, oregano, red pepper flakes, bay leaves and a smoked ham hock. Then salted and peppered after they were tender.)

Then after a few hours I added some beef ribs to the low heat side of the fire...

035-6-1.jpg

047-3-1.jpg

After the ribs showed some color, I foiled one rack and added onions and beef broth to the package...

051-6-1.jpg

054-4-2.jpg

059-3-1.jpg

Everthing roasted and simmered for a couple of hours...

060-3-1.jpg

The foiled ribs when I unwrapped them...

064-3-1.jpg

I let the ribs roast more while making a skillet of jalapeno cornbread..
I heated some oil in the skillet, added my batter, then topped the skillet with a lid and hot coals...

070-5-1.jpg

073-5-1.jpg

Supper...

087-2-3.jpg

081-3.jpg

I tried one of each kind of rib...
They were both tasty. The foiled rib had more pull back from the bone and was fall off the bone tender. The slow roasted rib and more of a fire roasted flavor and tug to the bite. I liked em both. :)

Served with some cucumbers and tomatoes from my gareden.

102-3.jpg

106-2-1.jpg

Thanks for checking out my ribs. :)

Man those ribbs look great. I like the idea of putting onions and beef broth in the tin foil also I just did beef ribs and can never get enough flavor out of them. Thanks for the great idea and pics

Can this girl please be removed from this forum,I can't take it anymore!
Purty please!?

*sigh*!

Stop it woman!!
For the love of all that is good and decent, stop it!

I could eat that meal 3 times a day, everyday, for as long as I walk this celestial orb. Man that looks good, 'specially them beans.

And the beef ribs. MMmm. As one of my estemmed Brethren once said "they're like brisket.....on a stick!"

Great job as usual!

Do you ever cook indoors? :-D

NIce Jeanie luv them beans and I do like a beef rib......now all youall need is to go to your favorite fishing hole and catch a mess of blue gill

Well she did it again.!!! as one of my esteemed Brethren would say quote"I'd hit that", lol. she should be running the chuck wagon of the group. Great pron too. She' a all around gal there, a definite Keeper .

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeanie, I am so glad I ate lunch before I saw this tread - or I would have just sat there staring at my bowl of chili thinking, "This sucks compared to Jeanie's food." Great job, as always. I don't know if you're married - if you are he's a lucky man. If you're not, you're gonna make some guy very happy one day!

I should know better than to look at Jeanie's posts....drool on keyboard and thinking about eating my mouse....

Great looking food, again!

Only thing better is if we got action photos so we know your really a girl!:twisted:

Jeanie, If I printed those pics and put them on top of my bald head ... my tounge would beat my brains out. Wow .... Great Grub.

Oh my..... that is a bunch of mighty fine vittles.....great as usual Jeanie

All I can say is..... DAMN!!!! And I just got done with lunch!!!!

Can this girl please be removed from this forum,I can't take it anymore!
Purty please!?

*sigh*!
I vote NO.

Jeanie, I am so glad I ate lunch before I saw this tread - or I would have just sat there staring at my bowl of chili thinking, "This sucks compared to Jeanie's food." Great job, as always. I don't know if you're married - if you are he's a lucky man. If you're not, you're gonna make some guy very happy one day!

I'm willing to get down on one knee.....

Looks great as always!!!:biggrin:

What a sweet group of friends! ....and some of you are downright funny. lol :biggrin:

Thank you for the kind words and the laughs. :biggrin:

Back