MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 02-28-2011, 12:26 PM   #61
rescue_ranger
Full Fledged Farker

Thanks Mr. Science Guy’s
A person can learn so much and have a good time doing it never would have thought about wrapping brisket in Butcher paper I have baked chicken in brown bags before just never thought about doing it on a BBQ grill thought it would burst into flames. Will be trying this very soon, first person to do this take lots of pics let get our steps documented.
RR/Mike
[I]2 - [COLOR=blue][B]Char-Griller [/B][/COLOR][I][COLOR=black][COLOR=blue][B]Professional[/B][/COLOR] [/COLOR][/I]With offset[/I]
[I]2 -[B][COLOR=darkorange]Gold[/COLOR][/B] [/I][B]Weber 22 1/2" kettle, with therm- sear grate, ash can[/B]
[I]1 - [B]200gal[/B] smoker[/I]
[COLOR=green][B]Rescue_ranger[/B][/COLOR] also known by my fellow [COLOR=red][B]USMC[/B][/COLOR] clan as G-Bear :boxing:
rescue_ranger is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-28-2011, 04:30 PM   #62
Stoke&Smoke
Babbling Farker

Thanks to those that revived this as I don't recall seeing it the first time around...might have to give this a spin and see what happens!
KCBS CJ/TC #17139 Member ILBBQS
Too many cookers to list :crazy:
Stoke&Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-28-2011, 05:46 PM   #63
RedPig
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weiser View Post
I dunno.... something about the Red paper.
People in these parts consider it the real deal.
A 1000 foot roll will last a while and it doesn't contain bleach like the white stuff.

Weiser
Remember, "ya eat with your eyes."
I wouldn't worry so much about the white. It might be bleached and I would prefer the sanitizing effect it might give over the suspect dyes used to make the red paper. Just my opinion.

Old 03-15-2013, 10:40 PM   #64
FireNorm
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbefunkoramaque View Post
(like when the meat eats through the foil, which can leaches aluminum into the brisket then into the body, which can cause Alzheimers)

Foil can leach aluminum into the brisket then into the body, which can cause Alzheimers.

Whereas foil can leach aluminum into the brisket then into the body, which can cause Alzheimer's

Only thing is foil can leach aluminum into the brisket then into the body, which can cause Alzheimers.

In my world aluminum foil in my body is bad.

*edit to add* gonna get some butcher paper, glad I did a search on this

Last edited by FireNorm; 03-15-2013 at 10:42 PM.. Reason: Forgot a sentence
FireNorm is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-16-2013, 12:36 AM   #65
Hoss
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Thirdeye,So happy to see your reply.I use brown paper bags from the grocery(have to ask for paper now days).They call it craft paper at wallyworld,I also have used brown paper grocery bags from other locales.Same result,and much cheaper.Good stuff!
Hoss is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-16-2013, 02:32 AM   #66
HeSmellsLikeSmoke
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireNorm View Post
In my world aluminum foil in my body is bad.

*edit to add* gonna get some butcher paper, glad I did a search on this
Looks like I used too much foil the past few years. I forgot all about this thread.

Thanks for bringing it back up.

I ended up getting a roll of the red butcher paper at City Market in Luling, TX Last year. I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask and the Pitt boss sold one to me. He also tossed three post oak logs into the trunk for free. I have been using the butcher paper a lot lately.

Large and Medium Big Green Eggs , Black 18.5" WSM, Blue Weber Performer - Stainless, Green Weber OTG Kettle , Brinkmann SnP Pro, and a Stainless UDS. One retired Portable Kitchen grill.

Red Thermapen, Maverick ET-732, EdgePro Apex Sharpener.

Avatar is the original 1951 Weber Kettle
HeSmellsLikeSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Butcher Paper, foil, pink butcher paper, Red Butcher Paper, wrapping