Uds dent

scayne62

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I was given a barrel to use on my uds build but it has a dent in it Down low. Won't effect the cooking grates that I can tell. Will it mess anything else up as far as airflow or anything? Should I look for another barrel?

When I picked up a refurbished 55 gal drum it came with a couple of minor, but somewhat noticeable dings. Not perfect, I was able to bang those out.

There is a reason it is called an ugly drum. Because ugly can create excellent bbq it is a beautiful thing.............. Use it

It's not gonna affect cooking characteristics, but if it bothers you, pound it out with a ball peen hammer. Thats what I did with mine and it was a huge dent with a crease about a foot long. Looks fine now.

It's not gonna affect cooking characteristics, but if it bothers you, pound it out with a ball peen hammer. Thats what I did with mine and it was a huge dent with a crease about a foot long. Looks fine now.

+1 pound it out if it's going to bother you.

As long as it does not change the way the lid seals you should be OK. I use small hammers and dollies to remove dents. Steve.

I by no means give a crap how it looks I just did not want it jacking up my cooking, that is the most important thing, I cannot wait to finish my dang bathroom remodel so I can get this farking thing built and cooking, y'all make me hungry!

Back