Out of the depths....an Appreciation Thread !!!

I appreciate them....daily........
.................in the last week these two have shown up ~~>

26-3/4" Wood Dale, most likely manufacture, 1960, the year I started kindergarten......been in my town the whole time as far as I can tell.....

WoodDale027.jpg

$10........holds heat really well.....

WoodDale030-1.jpg

Yeller, Patent Pending, most likely manufacture 1970, needs a little polishing, but very extra nice condition.....

WoodDale042.jpg

Free,from a good friend who got it at an estate sale on my heads-up & then turned around & gave it to me.............

They'll somehow get snuggled in with the rest of 'em at the Kettle Orphanage..............

Jan29Danaedad063.jpg

Pie3001.jpg

Thanks to I.H. for taking this shot while agenting this Kettle for me:

2wf92kw.jpg

Left to right: Late 50's Black 18, 1968 Pre Pat Aristocrat, 1974 Lime 22, Crooked K 22 OT 1988, Blue ER 1996 22 MT, Green DH 2004 18 OTG and a Copper 2014 AH 22 OTG:

6rhers.jpg

2z7j1g9.jpg

2wdrryo.jpg

34hyoes.jpg

16h8dxj.jpg

Last edited:
Weber Kettles are def versatile. I wanted a smoker/cooker, but a dang good one was too expensive. I tried one of the Charbroil side by side deals, but it rusted out in no time, & it was like pulling hard labor to keep charcoal in it cooking. I bought a Weber 22.5", put a round propane burner in the bottom with a stainless steel " tent over it, & angle iron flavor bars on each side of it. Added a Cajun Stacker, & now I have a smoker, cooker, grill. Works like a charm.

My new Red head. It's actually Crimson but still a red head to me ...:becky:

Gorgeous. Mine is still in the box. Gonna wait til next spring. I've wondered why they came out with these in 2015 but on the Weber website and 99% of other online retailers they only list the Green, Black and Copper options.

Thanks

I joined the forum to say thanks to those of you who inspired me to build a table for my weber 22". I had just moved to Texas in August with my wife and children. My father and I built the table when my parents came to visit in October. I'd like to hear what you all think. Here's some pics of the build (in the doc below).

I wanted to keep it budget friendly, and at about 120$, I think I did it. The largest single expense was the can of stain.

Attachments

• Grillpics.doc
    2.7 MB · Views: 126
My black SS Performer is my most used kettle out of the eight I own. Three of them are in the midst of being refurbed. The two black 22s just need the time put into them, but the red Weber Gas Kettle Performer has been (and continues to be) a royal pain to get parts for.

I can see already I would like a table for mine. I have a table saw, I guess some 2x4’s at Home Depot is all I need.

2010 Performer (sold)

20130113_165012.jpg

Current line up:

Scored these two for $40 (Wood handles)

20131004_233318.jpg

My '93 WGA

20140615_111534.jpg

'88 Smokey Joe (still in the box)

20131004_233448.jpg

'15 Jumbo Joe

2zRYtUih.jpg

'18 LE 22" kettle

SJGGSruh.jpg:

2005 OT. Replaced sweeps, Polished legs and beer can shims in sockets. Hammer tone silver on triangle. Added ash catcher, stainless grates and stainless baskets. Ten inch wheels and peg leg for a little altitude. Slide-a-side lid holder and magnetic hooks. My 26er has a Slow-n-Sear and it shares a vortex with the 22.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 127
Today is my first burn in my new, absolutely bottom of the line Weber Jumbo Joe Premium. At least bottom of the 22" kettle line....

I am doing an indirect smoking of 2 full racks of baby backs on the Jumbo Joe. I have added a Weber hang on bool rack, and a flip end grate from Home Depot.

I also have, and am currently doing an indrect cook of about 3lbs of pre marinated fajita chicken breast on my Smokey Joe Silver.

The Jumbo Joe premium is pending delivery of a 2" dial thermometer that will get installed in the lid just outside of hte hanger hook to get the temps as close as possible to the grate.

I know lots of folks swear by digital thermometers. And I DO have a digital meat thermometer, but I am on digital #4 in 2 years. They keep dying on me...

FWIW, I am an hour into my first burn on the Jumbo Joe. So far. so good. Temps are holding where they should although it took me a bit to get the temp right, but they are staying in the 225 - 250 range, and a nice stedy thin stream of sweet blue smoke is speweing out of the lid vents.

I bought my Jumbo Joe Premium after a neighbor hot one a few years ago and was able to have better smokes with his Jumbo Joe Premium than me piddling around on my Smokey Joe... It was time to upsize...

Once the ribs and chicken come off both of these, I am going to spread the coals and top them up, and start grilling hot dogs, brats, and burgers... All of this gets stashed and put aside for lunches and dinners next week...

K5pWpcb5KAXFkiTa7

Last edited:
Who knew there were appreciations before the UDS and PBC?

I was pleasantly surprised. Thought I was on the Weber forum for a min. :caked:

Thanks for resurrecting this thread Richard. Didn't know it existed on here and some cool setups.

Okay I tried to add a photo but something on this site does not like links to Google pics.

I don't have enough light to take pics but the ribs in the chicken or off I've stoked it rain arranged it to do grilling now and I've got burgers bratwurst and hot dogs on. Once these come off the grill I'm just going to let it burn out.

Back