MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 05-19-2019, 08:08 AM   #1
DoctorCueNC
On the road to being a farker

Default Brisket injection

So I had a question for those who’ve been injecting briskets for comps. When I’ve gone to inject the last few contests it seems all the injections just pours out the injection site as I slowly remove the needle. It seems to cause a less than “popping” flavored slice.

I’m using a 14ga needle and a spit jack on setting 4 giving about a 3/4 squeeze as I slowly pull out of the meat. If I pour off the pooled injection in my pan back into the cup I was pulling out of it looks like very little was used. Any thoughts on what to do to get the brisket to hold the injection better?
DoctorCueNC is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-19-2019, 07:25 PM   #2
5am

Let the meat warm up a little. Right out of the cooler the meat can be cold enough to "squeeze" some of the injection back out.

Thanks from:--->
Old 05-20-2019, 09:16 PM   #3
DoctorCueNC

Thanks I will try that

Old 05-21-2019, 05:45 AM   #4
eap0510
Full Fledged Farker

When I inject I place my finger over the injection hole while I move onto the next injection site. Once the second injection site has been completed I move my finger off the first hole and onto the next hole.

Old 05-21-2019, 09:11 AM   #5
tduffy
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorCueNC View Post
So I had a question for those who’ve been injecting briskets for comps. When I’ve gone to inject the last few contests it seems all the injections just pours out the injection site as I slowly remove the needle. It seems to cause a less than “popping” flavored slice.

I’m using a 14ga needle and a spit jack on setting 4 giving about a 3/4 squeeze as I slowly pull out of the meat. If I pour off the pooled injection in my pan back into the cup I was pulling out of it looks like very little was used. Any thoughts on what to do to get the brisket to hold the injection better?
make sure there's no air pocket in your syringe after you fill it. That will cause it also.

Tags
brisket, injection, spitjack