MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Road Trips

Notices

Brethren Road Trips The travel logs of our members. Q- joints, restaurants, entertainment, reviews while we travel around the 50 states. Also, Post here for a shout out to members to meet up with while on the road.

Old 06-08-2019, 09:05 PM   #16
Stingerhook
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Marty

Thanks for the share Andy.

UDS now gone, WSM 18", WSM 22" and pellet pooper in the garage for 18 months now.
Stingerhook is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->

Old 06-09-2019, 10:05 AM   #17
frognot

Name/Nickname : Charles

Great pictures and commentary, Andy!

Large Big Green Egg

"If you really care about this place, you'll show some respect for it." deguerre

"Bludawg looks just like I thought he would. Frognot looks like Tuffy Stone's dad!" aawa

" . . . which includes frognot, who is a SoCal Pharker by now" gtr
frognot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 06:44 PM   #18
frankenfab
Take a breath!

Name/Nickname : Franklin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MoreFord View Post
Yup,

Paris, Arkansas. Don't remember any Que there however.

My ole friend's devil woman ex-wife has a store there that I've never been into and there are a couple of interesting rock/concrete homes there that look like they were built by the same guy who built the North Little Rock Old Mill, along with an old abandoned hospital that was featured on American Pickers owned by some physician brothers who are said to have started the first health insurance in the US.

A bit to the North on I-40 is Altus there are several wineries and a nice restaurant at one of the wineries.
My father was born in that hospital. I had many great holidays in Paris, thanks to the most awesome Grandma ever. My Grandpa was a coal miner there. There is a coal miner's memorial there with my Grampa Stanley and Great Uncle Frank's names on it. Frank died of a broken back from a cave-in in the mines, and Stanley died from black lung. It's Old Country.
frankenfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 08:00 AM   #19
LloydQ
is Blowin Smoke!

You ate Puffin???? But, they're so CUTE!!!!!!
LloydQ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 03:28 PM   #20
LYU370

And delicious. This one had an Asian sauce, couldn't really get the true flavor of the Puffin, but it was really good.

FEC100 - Big Joe - Weber Spirit II Gasser

Are you ready for a THROWDOWN?!?!? Join us, It's a BLAST!!

Join us for the Inaugural 2024 South East Bash - May 2024 Tennessee - Sign Up Link
LYU370 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 09:30 PM   #21
Sillius Sodus
On the road to being a farker

Awesome pictures!

I thought it was too funny when you mentioned at your third to last photo that you had to get some Icelandic lamb, when five photos before it, you had already eaten some Icelandic lamb!

Thanks for sharing.
Old 06-11-2019, 01:45 PM   #22
Lomey
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Mike

We went a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it. Eat the pizza at one of the little outside bistros. The wine bread and dairy products are awesome! Be prepared for people smoking cigarettes everywhere.

We stayed in Versailles and took the 20min or so train in to Paris. Much less crowded than Paris. Cheap and drops you off right in the middle of everything. Pictures of our hotel right on the corner grounds of the Gardens of Versailles and some food pics. A Waldorf Astoria, but not too expensive. We went in May so it was a little before busy season.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Lomey is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->
Old 06-11-2019, 09:47 PM   #23
LYU370

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillius Sodus View Post
Awesome pictures!

I thought it was too funny when you mentioned at your third to last photo that you had to get some Icelandic lamb, when five photos before it, you had already eaten some Icelandic lamb!

Thanks for sharing.
Yeah, that's right. Forgot the hot dogs are made with lamb.

FEC100 - Big Joe - Weber Spirit II Gasser

Are you ready for a THROWDOWN?!?!? Join us, It's a BLAST!!

Join us for the Inaugural 2024 South East Bash - May 2024 Tennessee - Sign Up Link
LYU370 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 05:28 AM   #24
Gore
Phizzy

Location: Hiding out from blood suck ghost snake gods, Nazis and scrap iron chefs trying to harvest body parts
Name/Nickname : Gore (surprise!)

Fabulous! Can't imagine what that meal in Iceland set you back. I was there about 12 years ago and lived off granola bars I brought with me. I remember I splurged on a $25 hamburger for my last meal. It was the cheapest thing I could find to eat at the time. I remember the breakfast buffet in our hotel ran about $100. I ate a lot of granola bars!
(='.'=) This is the rabbit baby. Invests him in yours signature,
(")_(") and the help rabbit baby takes over control of the world!
Hmmmm, I wonder, WWGALD? Avatar courtesy of Grillman and NorthwestBBQ

Promoted by Bigabyte to "Idiot #1" , and dubbed "Phizzy" by Sir Ron.
Gore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 02:54 PM   #25
Wayne
is One Chatty Farker

30 years ago we stayed at the Amsterdam Hotel at 72 Rue Amsterdam. It is within walking distance to most all of the downtown sites. The hotel may be gone now or by another name, but most of the time they are the same. It was a small hotel with great service. I don't remember an elevator, and you must walk to a café to eat.

Long in the tooth,
Long in the tooth,
I'm lookin' 'round the corner,
An' I'm long in the tooth...
Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 03:41 AM   #26
OferL
is One Chatty Farker

Saw this one a little late... what I remember most from Paris three years ago was the huge amount of armed police everywhere. The food was ok. Most enjoyed was a Moroccan Tagine. Most weird was the cream cheese stuffed in the sushi. Really turned the sushi to a heavy dish.
OferL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 08:28 PM   #27
food4thot
is Blowin Smoke!

Name/Nickname : Erik, E

Never been but have a story. Ex and her sister took our two daughters (10 & 12) there in 2000. Not sure how they did it but managed to cross the roundabout to the Arc de Triomphe on foot without anyone getting hit by a car.

After looking around, ex said they were standing at the curb not sure how to get back across the street. Apparently someone saw their confusion and directed them to a tunnel under the roundabout.

Story still cracks me up.