SmokinSully

Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.
Reaction score
Hi everyone! My name is Chris but my friends call me Sully and I really like this font because in my head it sounds just like Stephen Hawking!!!

Anyways, thanks to The BBQ Pitmasters very first episode, I have acquired quite the affinity/addiction for this whole BBQ thing...call it what you want lol! So a couple years ago I purchased a Char-Griller SmokinPro and performed all the mods on it that i could find on all these forums and youtube and etc. I had some really good succes with baby backs, spares, briskets, and butts! But since I am unable to just leave things alone, Im gonna go ahead and tinker!

So now this season I intend on turning this thing into a reverse flow. I will lower the FB, correct the size of the FB to CC opening, install a RF baffle (1/4") about 1" above the opening, relocate the smokestack, and build a charcoal basket from expanded metal. I also want to seal the CC door up better with either Nomex or fiberglass gasket, or some high temp copper RTV.

Welcome. I also have a short time as a smoker. I use the Chargriller Pro with no mods. I burn wood only. These cheap smokers will try your patience. I use the Pitmaster IQ 120 controller. It will do a good job of maintaining temp if you don't overload the firebox.

You're going to love the way you cook, I guarantee it!
Welcome to the Brethren!:thumb:

Welcome aboard Sully, glad to have you here.

Don't be afraid to look around and explore the other forums.

I hope to see you in the Q-Talk forum soon. You'll find help on almost every topic from cooking your first Pork Butt to curing and smoking your own ham and bacon.

If you can't find the topic you need help with, or have questions about, just start a new thread in "Q-Talk". There are many people with years of experience that are willing to answer your questions and guide you in the right direction.

Back