Italian Cooker

Hotrodhog

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Anyone tryed one of these?

I did, yes I know, its not BBQ...but hey, were all screwed up anyways right?
Picked it up at Home Goods for $19.99 just because its wierd, it says to soak it in water before use, works great low and slow in an oven or on the BBQ. it has a vent hole in top of the cone.

I bought it, threw it in the cupboard and left it for a few weeks. then...

Attachments

• Italian Cooker.jpg
    Italian Cooker.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 179
Then I figured since I had NO time to make dinner for me and my little side kick before football practice, I braized up a chucky, dumped on some yardbird and seasalt, tossed in some baby carrots, chopped some celery, Quartered some Yukon Gold Taters, Set the oven to 250, and threw it in...4 hours later...Waa Laaah!!

Attachments

• Italian Cooker Chucky.jpg
    Italian Cooker Chucky.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 169
I impressed myself, it was so easy and incredibly delisious, basically like a crock pot with no heater I guess, Can't wait to throw it in the drum, or for dessert.....Anyone? Ideas?

It looks like a North African cooker to me...then again,I don't know if they use it in Italy though.
I think it's called a Tagine.

*edit*...Big Chrisz beat me to it.

Yup...tagine, use it all the time. Never heard of it being used in Italy though, used mostly in Morocco I think. It's pretty much a braising vessel. The eats look good! Enjoy messing around with it! :thumb:

Is there a vent on the top of the tagine?

Tagines are used a lot in Italy because there is a fairly large North African population there and it has caught on. They are very common here too, especially for braising lamb shanks. I don't have one, because I have a SMOKER!

For some reason I was expecting a photo of Phil.

I love tagine food, it really comes into it's own when you use a well spiced braising fluid.

Back