MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 05-27-2010, 07:55 AM   #1
Desert Dweller
Babbling Farker

Location: Mesa, AZ Not exactly hell, but the zip code is very close...
Default Canned Fatty, leftovers become appetizers and dessert...

So, I had thawed out a couple of burger patties for dinner, and thought I ought to make a fatty while I was at it, unfortunately I did not have any of the things in the fridge I like to put in a fatty, like onions, japs, shredded cheese. So, I adapted, I improvised, I overcame! The Fatty is one chub JD Hot and one chub JD Regular. First I flattened the Hot chub, and layered it with cheese food slices, then flattened the Regular Chub for the second layer. I had mixed up a paste like combination of minced garlic from a jar, diced japs from a can, and I reconstituted some dehydrated onions from a spice bottle and spread the concoction over the second layer, seasoned and rolled it up. Then I took some Anehiem Peppers and stuffed them with an Italian Style Meat Sauce I had made from smoked meats a couple weeks ago and had frozen the leftovers, then layered in Meduim Cheddar Cheese, wrapped in bacon and smoked along with the burgers and fatty. Everything smoked at 225 with pecan. The burgers were juicy, the peppers very tasty and the sample of the fatty means I'm gonna regret the heat at some point after breakfast today, those canned japs were hot!

Then dessert. Oh this was great! My local Kroger affiliate had sweet juicy Apricots, so I bought a few, halved, removed the seed, coated in honey and piled brown sugar on top, then into the cooker for about 15 minutes w/no smoke. Farkin Heaven! Tasty, sweet, tangy and juicy. This, I will do again soon! Hope you enjoy the pics...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg canned fatty 004.jpg (58.9 KB, 100 views)
File Type: jpg canned fatty 002.jpg (85.6 KB, 99 views)
File Type: jpg canned fatty 005.jpg (67.8 KB, 98 views)
File Type: jpg canned fatty 006.jpg (80.4 KB, 99 views)
File Type: jpg canned fatty 008.jpg (65.6 KB, 99 views)
File Type: jpg canned fatty 009.jpg (79.0 KB, 99 views)
File Type: jpg canned fatty 007.jpg (80.9 KB, 99 views)
File Type: jpg canned fatty 010.jpg (71.0 KB, 99 views)
File Type: jpg canned fatty 011.jpg (48.1 KB, 100 views)
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#ff0000]LFSA RED Thermapen,[/COLOR] [/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]And 1 2010 Victor brand Hot Dog Cart[/FONT]

Last edited by Desert Dweller; 05-27-2010 at 12:03 PM..
Desert Dweller is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->

Old 05-27-2010, 08:03 AM   #2
Smokey Al Gold
is Blowin Smoke!

That looks awesome Bo! I've had the canned japs and I know they are HOT! Those apricots look SO good I'm going to have to try that. Awesome job!

Creator of:
"The Great Chicken Sammich Debacle of 2010"
Smokey Al Gold is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 05-27-2010, 08:25 AM   #3
deguerre
somebody shut me the fark up.

Dang but that looks good Bo!
[/B][/FONT]"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog
deguerre is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-27-2010, 09:44 AM   #4
Phubar

BuPhul DD!!!

All fueled by [COLOR=lime]Ecobrasa[/COLOR] Coco Briquettes

*[URL="http://lowlandsmokers.blogspot.com/2011/06/lowland-smokers-workshop-hei-en-boeicop.html"]Lowland Smokers[/URL] Dutch BBQ Champion 2011 - 2012*
*[URL="http://lowlandsmokers.blogspot.com/2011/06/lowland-smokers-workshop-hei-en-boeicop.html"]Lowland Smokers[/URL] Dutch BBQ Champion 2013 Low 'n Slow
*WGA Ambassador
Phubar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-27-2010, 12:00 PM   #5
Desert Dweller
Babbling Farker

Location: Mesa, AZ Not exactly hell, but the zip code is very close...

Here is a picture of this morning's omlette, made with a slice of the fatty crumbled up fdor the stuffing...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg omlette 001.jpg (47.5 KB, 46 views)
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#ff0000]LFSA RED Thermapen,[/COLOR] [/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]And 1 2010 Victor brand Hot Dog Cart[/FONT]
Desert Dweller is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-27-2010, 12:16 PM   #6
deguerre

I just had some leftover sliced brisket but now I want THAT. A fattie omlet. Yum.
[/B][/FONT]"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog
deguerre is offline   Reply With Quote