Winner, winner, chicken dinner...

zydecopaws

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Ever had one of those days when dinnertime rolls around and you realize that you don’t have a clue what you are going to cook? Today was one of those days, and following a few minutes of staring at a freezer full of large cuts of meat, I took inspiration from stuffing the pork loin the other day and decided to do something similar with a chicken breast. That last sentence sounds really dirty, but isn’t…

I was going to pound a couple of breasts into submission when I discovered we don’t own a meat hammer/tenderizer-thing anymore. Or at least if we do, it’s squirreled away in some obscure drawer in the kitchen, or worse yet, my wife’s office. So instead I butterflied the breasts, layered on some cream cheese, thinly sliced ham, onion, orange bell pepper, and mushroom.

IMG_1151.JPG

I then attempted to roll the chicken into a burrito shape, but the best I was able to do was a taco shape which was then tied up and sprinkled with salt, fresh ground pepper, ground sage, and ground thyme.

IMG_1152.JPG

On the Performer they went (indirect, of course) for about 15 minutes per side. Because they were stuffed, the ORANGE Thermapen was put to use to insure they were done all the way through.

IMG_1154.JPG

They looked pretty tasty on their way to the table, and there didn’t appear to be a loss of stuffings from the taco-shaped approach.

IMG_1155.JPG

One of the breasts was paired with some reheated brown rice (will that ever run out?) and a fresh peach.

IMG_1158.JPG

The other one will be for lunch tomorrow, assuming it lasts that long. Darn good for a quick dinner without any real advanced prep…

Looks good, no sauce at all? I use a meat tenderizer, my dad use my cast iron skillet, I suggest you do that on the counter and not an old table.

By the way...this is the part of the sentence that sounded a tad dirty...
I was going to pound a couple of breasts into submission...

mmmmmm chicken. I love chicken so much. Even more than pork. Looks dang good.

First time i ever tried to flatten a chicken breast. i hit it and all the juices flew into my face. Bad day right there. That was 3 years ago. I have improved since then.

How did the cream cheese taste with everything?

Now I love Chicken,,and that looked mighty good, I'll have to try that. well we got a meat hammer, a Rolling Pin, and a cast iron skillet, so I guess we got it covered, what did you tie it up with.? Between Beating the Breast into submission, and tieing it up, sounds like a BDSM Thread. lol

Looks good
Put saran wrap over the chicken and beat it with an empty beer bottle- I used an empty mason jar and it worked great

mmmmmm chicken. I love chicken so much. Even more than pork. Looks dang good.

First time i ever tried to flatten a chicken breast. i hit it and all the juices flew into my face. Bad day right there. That was 3 years ago. I have improved since then.

How did the cream cheese taste with everything?

True confessions time... I bought a big 3-lb. hunk of it on sale with intentions of using it for appetizers at a large gathering I was cooking for. It got opened so that I could test it out in advance, then the menu got changed (had nothing to do with the testing). Wife and kids are out of town and I have almost 3 pounds of cream cheese to deal with. It's going on everything I can think of until it gets used up or I get sick of it. Getting close to that now... :icon_sick

Now I love Chicken,,and that looked mighty good, I'll have to try that. well we got a meat hammer, a Rolling Pin, and a cast iron skillet, so I guess we got it covered, what did you tie it up with.? Between Beating the Breast into submission, and tieing it up, sounds like a BDSM Thread. lol

I told you it sounded dirty... I used cotton cooking cord (no additives, no dye, just cord) to tie it up with. The wife picked it up somewhere on a big spool because she got tired of me raiding her yarn supply. I would imagine you can get it at any store that sells lots of cooking equipment.

It's blasphemy! Get a rope!

Goof looking groceries, BTW. Hey, ya got a rope?

No, but I got some more of that cooking cord. If we braid it there might be enough left to get the job done. While we're at it, we can find that guy that likes the salsa from New York City... :eek:

I have used a a wine bottle on a few occasions!! Both empty and full

That turned out to be a home run you got there. I sure would like one for lunch right know.

I love breasts....err, chicken. I especially like the Sierra Nevada "Summerfest" barley pop for light cocktail. I don't know how that would have lasted till lunch.

we can find that guy that likes the salsa from New York City...

Thats where mine comes from. Right on the jar, Made in New York City.. Good eats right there. Goes great with chicken

Back