Sponsership letter

Bossmanbbq

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I'm trying to put together a sponsorship letter to try and get some local sponsors for the BBQ team and our catering business and wondered if any of you have a sample letter or any suggestions on how to put this together.
For any of you who have secured sponsors, what did you do and how did you go about it? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
It starts with " not what you know, but WHO"
Also, you need to target businesses that think they will have an impact from sponsoring you.... local businesses where you will be competing, and regional businesses that feel web presence/banners, etc will be good for them.... and if all else fails, free food works well....

I would start with folks you know have businesses where this could be good.... I have friends in Cars, real estate, landscape, and BBQ gear.
The first net went out to them - So we have money from a local car dealer, a local agency, the landscaping firm, and I get a cooker for comp. use from our BBQ sponsor..... A core base of donors, will give you ins into other businesses. I liken it to the "6 Degrees of Separation" idea.... I hope to really drive to grow our sponsorship this year. I believe we had $750ish in sponsor dollars this year - plus the customized Kingfisher!!!

Send me what you have for a sponsorship letter, and I'll be happy to look at it. I've been trying to have direct contact, vs. mail first.... but I know the points I like to hit when talking with folks. I usually follow up with a thank you letter.

Back