My first kcbs comp.

IowaWildHogsBbq

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Well this is my first year competing doing backyard comps. Did really well at those 1 grand champion and 2 reserve grand champions. Thought I would jump in and swim with the big boys. Entered one this past weekend 17 of the toughest teams around. I got 11th in chicken 3rd in ribs 18th in pork 7th in brisket 15th out 18 teams not bad for our first kcbs.

It was great to meet you this weekend. You should be very proud of your results in your first KCBS contest! Great job:clap2: Hope to see you out there again!

You beat me at both Storm Lake and Emmetsburg, but barely at Emmetsburg. Did you get sleep at the KCBS contest or was it like Storm Lake where you and I were up all night?

Congrats on your first "season"

Congrats on some very good results. Wanted to cook the same contest, but they weren't accepting anymore teams. You went up against some top cooks. Especially Joe, who's on a roll just like this time last year.

Congrats, It was fun to see you get some calls against what you called the "NFL". I am sorry we had to turn some teams away, it was a space issue, we wont have that problem next year. Next years contest will be on Sept. 14 & 15, 2012. We started a facebook page that we will update for more info.

Back