MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 06-20-2011, 08:59 AM   #1
kik_start
Full Fledged Farker

Default well...I pulled the trigger...

I changed my mind about the electric smoker and decided to stay with charcoal so I ordered the CyberQ, should ship today according to email. I can't wait to use this thing to see how much different the cooks will be.

I have a UDS and a Weber Performer, if this works good I am going to get the Smokey Mountain too.

Has anyone tried the lump mesquite sold at Sam's club? I bought a bag (for the second time)...the first wasn't all that great but thought I would try again.
kik_start is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-20-2011, 09:15 AM   #2
Johnny_Crunch
Babbling Farker

Sounds like a good choice.

Old 06-27-2011, 03:27 PM   #3
kik_start
Full Fledged Farker

Placed my order on 6/18 (Saturday), then got an email on 6/20 (Monday) saying this was shipped. I was billed the same day.

I still have not received this thing. Does everyone wait this long to get theirs in the mail?

I've tried to call them but a recording is all I get. Why would they be closed today?

Old 06-27-2011, 03:47 PM   #4
devious
is one Smokin' Farker

ive used the new lump from sams, i think its "best of the west". at first i was impressed by the size of the chunks on the top, but after sorting through those big ones, the rest of the bag was dust

Old 06-27-2011, 04:06 PM   #5
colonel00
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kik_start View Post

Has anyone tried the lump mesquite sold at Sam's club? I bought a bag (for the second time)...the first wasn't all that great but thought I would try again.
I have been working through my first bag of the mesquite lump. Some of the chunks are ginormous! Other than that it seems to be good stuff. I have not gone all the way through it yet but my bag seems to be a good mix.
[B][COLOR=red]WWWWFBBQADD[/COLOR][/B]
[B]0 out of 1 members found this post helpful[/B] :thumb:

“I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
colonel00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-27-2011, 04:11 PM   #6
kik_start
Full Fledged Farker

I pulled out a piece from the bag I almost considered using the chainsaw on! LOL

Then there is about 5 pounds of pure dust in the bottom...

Old 06-27-2011, 06:02 PM   #7
big brother smoke
somebody shut me the fark up.

You can figure 5-7 days on UPS or Fed-EX for shipping.
Waiting on that new toy brings back memories of waiting on Christmas as a youth.
Just purchased a couple of new toys and I am waiting myself. It would have been great to get them today, since I am solo tonight.