MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 01-09-2013, 01:24 PM   #16
RW
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxfire View Post
I'm thinking this might be especially useful for Craycort CI owners if it can fit through the opening when one quadrant section of cooking grate is removed.
I'd love to know if this works.
Weber Performer / 18.5 WSM / mini WSM / Primo XL / #14 Old Smokey / Weber Jumbo Joe
RW is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-09-2013, 01:59 PM   #17
caliking
is One Chatty Farker

I'm going to get one. You can light up less charcoal in the larger one, but I find it somewhat unwieldy and takes up more space.

What I am more interested in though is the table shown in the video. Where can I get one of those??
[FONT=Arial Narrow][B]EZ wood handled 3 wheeler | OTS | OTS mod to OTG | [COLOR=red]Ladybug[/COLOR] SS Performer | UglyDrumTandoor | UDS v1 | midi UDS with [COLOR=red]red[/COLOR] [COLOR=black]nipples[/COLOR] | SJG smoker mod | Simpsons SJS | [COLOR=black]Simpsons[/COLOR] OTG | WGA charcoal | SJP | Stacked brick WFO | Lodge Logic Sportsman's Grill cast iron hibachi/sigri | [COLOR=green]LBGE | sbge | [SIZE="1"]mini bge[/SIZE] [/COLOR] [/B][/FONT]
caliking is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-09-2013, 02:11 PM   #18
caseydog
somebody shut me the fark up.

I want one. One windy days here, I sometimes have issues using my big chimney for small, Minion Method loads. The narrower diameter should help pack the small number of coals tighter.

CD
caseydog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-09-2013, 02:33 PM   #19
benniesdad
Full Fledged Farker

I got one for Christmas. Thank you Santa!

Where it really shines is how quickly I can fire up a small amount of coals. To fire up half a chimney (perfect amount of KB to do Minion method in my mini WSM) only takes five minutes using the Touch N Go on the Performer.

I have not done a side by side against the big chimney with equal amounts of coals in both to see if it is faster, but my informal impression so far says it is. I know it definitely is for the small amounts I use for minion method for the mini.

Old 01-09-2013, 04:52 PM   #20
mbshop
Babbling Farker

turn the big one upside down. fill with charcoal. put paper under and light.
i also have an older smaller cheapy chimney that i use for small burns.
i can see the need for most, just not for me. yet.

Old 01-09-2013, 05:18 PM   #21
Foxfire
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RW View Post
I'd love to know if this works.
I'm ordering Craycort grates in a few days for my Performer and am thinking I'd like to put this on there as well. If no one confirms before then, I'll post.
[COLOR="Blue"]Blue [/COLOR]Weber Performer + Craycort CI • [COLOR="red"]Brick Red[/COLOR] Weber One-Touch Platinum • Weber 26.75 Kettle • Akorn Kamado • ET 732 • Record-crushing [COLOR="Orange"][B]ORANGE[/B][/COLOR] Thermapen • UDS In Progress
Foxfire is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-10-2013, 08:31 AM   #22
PaPaQ
is Blowin Smoke!

Name/Nickname : Clyde

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliking View Post
I'm going to get one. You can light up less charcoal in the larger one, but I find it somewhat unwieldy and takes up more space.

What I am more interested in though is the table shown in the video. Where can I get one of those??
Home Depot.com has them,

Model # 7445 Internet # 203609206
PaPaQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 01-10-2013, 08:49 AM   #23
TIMMAY
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbshop View Post
turn the big one upside down. fill with charcoal. put paper under and light.
i also have an older smaller cheapy chimney that i use for small burns.
i can see the need for most, just not for me. yet.
I was seriously considering the purchase of the smaller chimney till I saw your ingenious idea! Gonna try that one real soon. Meh... I will probably still buy the little guy.
TIMMAY is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-10-2013, 09:05 AM   #24
SmokerKing
is Blowin Smoke!

Lowes has them
SmokerKing is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-10-2013, 09:21 AM   #25
caliking
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaPaQ View Post
Home Depot.com has them,

Model # 7445 Internet # 203609206
Thanks for the info. Looks nifty, but i have some questions, so i'm gonna start another thread so i don't hijack this one.
[FONT=Arial Narrow][B]EZ wood handled 3 wheeler | OTS | OTS mod to OTG | [COLOR=red]Ladybug[/COLOR] SS Performer | UglyDrumTandoor | UDS v1 | midi UDS with [COLOR=red]red[/COLOR] [COLOR=black]nipples[/COLOR] | SJG smoker mod | Simpsons SJS | [COLOR=black]Simpsons[/COLOR] OTG | WGA charcoal | SJP | Stacked brick WFO | Lodge Logic Sportsman's Grill cast iron hibachi/sigri | [COLOR=green]LBGE | sbge | [SIZE="1"]mini bge[/SIZE] [/COLOR] [/B][/FONT]
caliking is offline   Reply With Quote