Fatty coming this weekend

halfprice

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Went to Walmart tonight to pick up a few things for a no knead pizza dough I want to try. I got embarassed last weekend for posting my just add water Walmart pizza dough. Did some research and found a highly recommended no knead dough. I hope it works out because I don't want to skimp on the dough again.

Anyways while in Walmart looking for pizza toppings I saw the JD for $2.50 Not sure if thats a good price or not but I didn't care. Got 4 tubes of assorted flavors. Might put some on a pizza. So Sunday's lunch will be a fatty and dinner will be pizza using the new dough.

I won't be wrapping the fatty in bacon, maybe next time, and not sure what I want to put in it. Any suggestions for a first fatty???????????

Jerry

I have only done the basic "naked" fatty, just use a rub on the chub and smoke away. I would suggest doing one this way and get creative with the others. I have seen many great pics of stuffed fatties and rolled fatties so go for it.

Pre-cooked potato's, pepper's and onions with lots of cheese are always a big hit...

I made a fatty the other day to go with the beers a couple of my neighbors and I were enjoying in the garage.
JD Sage stuffed with diced Jalapeno slices from a jar with finely chopped Vidalia onion. No bacon wrap. Dusted with Zatarain's Creole seasoning & one of my dry rubs whose main ingredient is dark brown sugar. I like the sweet & spicy together.
It was a BIG hit.
"This is the best you've done yet!" ('course they say that every time)

I’ve actually had good results with chopped jalapeño pepper and shredded cheddar cheese.

Rather than stuffing the chub, mix it all up and then make it back into a fattie shape. This way you get some of the cheese and peppers browned a bit. Adds a new dimension to the flavors.

I've been reading a few recipes this afternoon and might do something a little different. I was thinking about doing a pizza fatty. I have some pizza fillings already so I think I'll use them for the stuffing. After it cooks I'll cover the fatty with sauce, cheese, and pizza dough. Crank up the egg to 500* and put it opn the stone.

I don't know if I can wait for Sunday. I might just have to do it tomorrow.

Jerry

Back