Need some ideas!!!!

shawnmcchesney12

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I bought some really nice looking chuck steaks and am looking for some ideas as for a good way to flavor them and cook. I appreciate any input!!! Thanks brethren

I found a commercial rub made by Everglades seasoning that works great on beef. Then smoke it at 275 or so until it gets to your desired doneness.

Brother morgaj1 turned me onto Southern Flavor seasoning and I really like it on grilled beef.

You're probably not going to find it in Ohio though.

You will never ruin a steak if you season it with sea/kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.

Just a dusting of my all purpose beef rub-salt, garlic powder, chili powder, onion powder, black pepper, parsley, oregano-then a nice coat of a McCormick Montreal Steak style seasoning.

For a rdiculously complicated and ridiculously good taco recipe:
Season with salt, pepeper, garlic, cumin, coriander, ground hatch chili

Braise with all that plus all the onion and garlic skins you have, some beer and vinegar--barely enough to almost cover, more onion and garlic, and orange/lemon/and/or lime zest

remove inedible stuff, seperate meat from liquid

put meat in pan, smoke for an hour or three while cooking somethin else. the goal is to pick up some extra flavor, but it should be mostly cooked in the braising step, only needing 2-3 hours of slow cooking in smoker to get to fall-apart stage

Shred meat and reheat/crisp up in pan. Add saved liquid and fry saved liquid until most of liquid is gone.

Cave man steak, rub with Woostershire sauce, Meat on hot coals, sere, Finish> sea salt, Fresh cracked peppa and Roasted garlic & Basil with Orange zest compound Butter.

Back