Annual Operation BBQ For Our Troops Fundraiser in Omaha

Hope it's warmer in Nebraska than it is here. Farkin' freezing out there!!

Hope it's warmer in Nebraska than it is here. Farkin' freezing out there!!

Nope. For the past two years, it's been gnarly cold during this event. Good thing that it's held inside, with plenty of beverages to keep one warm.:thumb:

Still, the weather doesn't keep the faithful cooks from doing their duty and working hard to satisfy the need for a great bbq meal.

Great cause. I wish I was closer. Any time you can cook for the troops, it's worth whatever you've got to go through. They deserve everything we can pull together for them. Nothing's too good for our guys and gals. :thumb:

There is a division out in your area,tish. Get a hold of Muzzlebrake or BBQ Bandit.

As you do, we have a son in the service. We know they would love to have your help!

Bob already knows he's not going anywhere to cook for the troops without me. lol He knows exactly where I stand on that score! Sean is also a friend. I didn't know he cooked for the guys, as well. I'll have to drop him a line, and let him know that if he's doing a cook, I'm in. If I have to show up in a wheelchair, I'm still in. :thumb:

How many of the Brethren are going to be there? Haven't seen any activity on this thread, thought I would give it a bump.

Don't know, but my hat's off to any of the Brethren who are attending. The troops appreciate your efforts more than you'll ever know. I do, too. :wink:

I want to thank all of the Brethren that came out to Winter Blues and BBQ this past weekend. We had a great crowd with good bands and from the feedback we got great food.

Would like to especially thank Shane, Wyatt and Pat for helping out with the cooking, serving and general clean up.

Also would like to thank Ron L for the coffee donation. Not 100% sure, but I didn't see Shane leaving with any. It was a great donation and we appreicate your continued support.

• Thanks
Reactions: pat
Want to mirror Roo's thanks to this years cooks. Wyatt, couldnt have done it without you, thanks for keeping Pat and your Dad in line as well. Seriously, you guys didnt get to hear all the mouth watering thank you's I did. So Thank You. Ron, your coffee was in my car for a day and making my mouth water everytime I got to smell it, always a hit at the raffle, thank you so much. Didnt see Shane get any but think he could have used some Sunday morning....

2LMan, nice to meet a neighbor, and with Diane as friends in common maybe our paths will cross again soon. Been driving right past your place for 7 years now didnt even know a brethren was so near :)

363 days till we do it all again team!!!!

• Thanks
Reactions: pat
So happy it went well, and good on you, brothers, for taking the time to pitch in and help make it a great day for the troops. I'm proud of ya'll! :grouphug:

Back