Father's Day Brisket....Best Brisket to date

Smoking Piney

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
A 10 pound flat injected with a "Better Than Bullion" paste based beef broth, mixed rich on the paste. Rubbed with Oakridge Black Ops and on the Assassin Saturday night for an overnight smoke at 225. I hit it hard with hickory smoke at the beginning of the cook.

Eight hours in the smoke at 6 AM Sunday, I wrapped it in HDAF with a shallow layer of the beef broth mixture and upped the pit temp to 250. Four hours later, it was around 200 to 205 in most spots and probe tender. I foiled / toweled it and put it in the Cambro to rest and get happy for five more hours.

This resulted in the best brisket I've cooked to date, and I'm very happy with the results - the bark was intact and tasted great and it passed the bend test. MOST important - it was delicious. :-D

NPoiyLfh.jpg

82H7SNJh.jpg

fqYEGaph.jpg

Thanks, pholks! :-D

This is the third time I've tried this method, and it's worked out superbly every time.

I drained the juices from the foil into a fat separator and served the slices with the clarified pan juices. It truly was delicious. :-D

Do you guys notice a more pot roast flavor when you rest that long? I did one for father's day as well. Cooked on my new GMG pellet smoker, so wasn't sure about time. Took 10 hours at 250. Rested about 5 hours in the cooler. Was moist, but didn't really care for the flavor.

Back