2018 St Louis Summer Bash - June 30 Whitecliff Park

The thought occurred to me to create a Facebook page and “event”. Wouldn’t take too many of us to tag each other in it before the exposure was pretty by sending the links to friends and family. Do we want to do it like that or do we want to keep it small and intimate?

OK. I'm in!!!! None of my smokers/grills are too portable. Could bring down a blackstone... Now to figure out what to bring? Any suggestions? I could head up to cheesehead land to the Brat Stop for some fresh brats & cheese curds. Chicago char dogs? Oklahoma onion burgers? Of course the Malort will make an appearance.

Oh Man, That all sound Great! I'm leaving the Cabo here. Always wanted to try the Malot! I had originally planned to bring 2 racks of spares. Thinking now of bringing a sampling of gator. Of course the boudin is still on too.

What does everyone else plan to cook?

Last edited:
The thought occurred to me to create a Facebook page and “event”. Wouldn’t take too many of us to tag each other in it before the exposure was pretty by sending the links to friends and family. Do we want to do it like that or do we want to keep it small and intimate?
Go for it! I'll share it.

Gator would be fantastic. I've only had it/made it once, and I fried it.
Curious how it is "for real". ;)

Do we have a rough idea of how many are coming? Don't want to bring too much, but also don't want to bring not enough.

Do we have a rough idea of how many are coming? Don't want to bring too much, but also don't want to bring not enough.

That's been the trick on this Bash Andy! No one seems to know. Current estimate between 25-75 according to previous posts.

I can post the entry link Hotch uses for the Texas Bashes. Sure helps to at least give a good idea.

I can post the entry link Hotch uses for the Texas Bashes. Sure helps to at least give a good idea.

Or maybe Capt'n Ron can edit the first post like he does for the Chicago Bash. Ours are usually pretty close.

You guys have a great time. It is a challenge to get a BBQ Brethren Bash started. But once you have one it needs to keep going every year and build upon the previous ones. Here at the Texas Bash I carried on using the google spread sheet that I believe peeps created. It allows for each Brethren or guest to signup and let everyone else know what, if anything, they will bring, cook or provide. Or not and that's OK too! Then you just need to provide current and up to date info on the Bash, the location and time along with any other input from others.

Enjoy the BBQ Brethren Bash with your fellow Brethren, family and friends! Make the most of the new friends and Brethren you meet at the Bash. I know the St Louis Bash will be a success. At the Texas Bash with just a handful of Brethren cooking we always have plenty of good food to go around and some to send home with family and friends!

Just remember it is as much about great fellowship with fellow Brethren as it is about good food!

Shelly and I wish we could join you this year but we have a few other commitments and friends to see. :mrgreen:

Oh! And take a boatload of pics and post them so those that could not make it will be sure to make it next year! :mrgreen:

We have a signup sheet. In my sig line below. So far it’s pretty sparse!
That works!
Alright time for roll call!! :thumb:

If you are going to the St Louis Bash, then don't be shy! :oops:

Just go ahead and click on the "Bash Survey" in Stlsportster's signature line and put your name along with a head count of how many of your family and friends are coming with you. He needs to know who is in!
If you plan on cooking put that somewhere also. If you can bring paper goods like paper towels and plates along with plasticware that's great also.

Remember to bring your cooler filled with both adult and non adult beverages. Trust me someone will help you drink them. They won't go to waste.
If you plan on sitting around the cookers and singing kumbaya, well bring a few camp chairs.
A table or two would be nice.
You know we always have a lot of great sides at the Texas Bash. Someone should step up and call a few of those. And yes you'll need all that stuff you use at home to cook the same stuff at the Bash.
Guys we sure wish we could be there but I know it will be great! :mrgreen:

P.S Don't forget the T paper. The women folk seem to like a few spare rolls!! :mrgreen:

Even if there's only five of us there, at least I'll have met four new Brethren. Can't wait!

To clean things up and avoid any possible confusion, I'd say all the dates on the spreadsheet in STL's signature line should be taken out.

Back