Knoxville TN, where to go?

FrugalQ

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
So I drove down from Indiana to Knoxville to meet me Dad (Myrtle Beach area) and my sister(Nowhere Alabama). Question is where if Im only gonna get them to one bbq joint, should we go?

Dead End Bbq is a good one.

Been there quite a few times, I really like their brisket and sausage plate with pimento mac and cheese and red white and blue slaw.

Calhoun’s on Kingston Pike is a bbq experience with good atmosphere and a dining area that resembles a bbq Pit. Full service BBQ, also on Kingston Pike is good for a more industrial el fresco bbq being located in an ex-gas station with smokers rolling outside and piles of wood and smokers in the car wash! They also have cornhole! They do a lot of takeout but have picnic tables undercover so you can watch the smokers and count cars on Kingston Pike. Dead End is on our list for July trip.

Never been to the Calhouns on Kingston, but been to the one on the river right in Knoxville many times. Great atmosphere and service, but average Q in our opinion.

Used to like to have brunch there on Sunday mornings and sit out on the deck and watch the boats. They had fried chicken and biscuits with a vegetable gravy that was really good.

You might get more responses having this moved to Brethren Road Trips Forum

Back