Soup for the masses

whitelightnin92

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Quick question for those who cater and feed the masses. I'm cooking for a church activity this weekend and I'm making some homemade chicken noodle soup and I'm trying to figure out how much to make. 80 adults. We will also be serving a green salad and rolls. I'm leaning toward 10 gallons which is 2 cups of soup per person. Too much? Not enough? The majority of people will be teenagers 16-18 with around 25 adult leaders. Any and all advice is welcome.

Thanks for the response. I think I will keep it at 10. Rather have left overs than turn away a hungry teenager. I just needed some reassurance that it would be enough.

That sounds about right. Do you know if the teens will be mostly male? My brother is 17 and that boy eats more than I've ever seen! Just a thought.

That sounds about right. Do you know if the teens will be mostly male? My brother is 17 and that boy eats more than I've ever seen! Just a thought.

It will be 50/50. I figure some of the boys will eat their weight in soup while some of the girls may only have a little.

Back