MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 06-27-2017, 02:12 AM   #1
MikeWin
Full Fledged Farker

Default Used Lang 60 deluxe

Found a 3 year old Lang 60 deluxe with char grill that the guy wants $3500 for. Is this a good price or should I offer a little less and see if they will take it?

Old 06-27-2017, 05:53 AM   #2
Doog
is One Chatty Farker

You could offer him $3000. I imagine out in Wyoming there isn't that many Lang offsets for sale. So that might not leave for much dickering...They put out some good Q!!
Keep us updated.

Thanks from: --->
Old 06-27-2017, 06:04 AM   #3
fwdiii
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Fritz

Any pictures? What shape is it in?
fwdiii is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-27-2017, 06:33 AM   #4
mschwirian
On the road to being a farker

I sold one in great shape for 3000. That's a decent price on a great smoker and you may not have a lot of chances to find a used one.

Thanks from:--->
Old 06-27-2017, 07:33 AM   #5
Notorious Q.U.E.
is One Chatty Farker

As your neighbor on your southern border, I can vouch for the cost of shipping being a HUGE factor. I recently got a quote from one of Ben Lang's team mates on shipping from Nahunta, GA to Denver on a 60 Deluxe Kitchen, and it came it at $800!

Thus, assuming no rust or abuse, $3500 is reasonable territory. Your could push into the 3200-3300 territory, but that's what it would be, pushing. If you have the funds, I'd say go for it. I used to own a Lang and loved it.

"...can't you see? Sometimes your words just hypnotize me and I just love your flashy ways. Guess that's why they broke and you're so paid!!!"
Notorious Q.U.E. is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-27-2017, 08:01 AM   #6
Adubree86
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Adam

Not trying to divert the thread but why not spend that money on a shirley. Their craftsmanship is far superior to Lang. You can get into a base model 24x60 trailer with 2 shelf warmer starting at $2750.

Old 06-27-2017, 08:41 AM   #7
Springram
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adubree86 View Post
Not trying to divert the thread but why not spend that money on a shirley. Their craftsmanship is far superior to Lang. You can get into a base model 24x60 trailer with 2 shelf warmer starting at $2750.
and wait a year+ before you get it.
Weber 22.5 Master Touch
Hunsaker drum
Weber Smokey Joe
Blackstone griddle
PK Grill (original)
Springram is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-27-2017, 08:49 AM   #8
Adubree86
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springram View Post
and wait a year+ before you get it.
Is that what Paul's waiting list is now?

Old 06-27-2017, 10:04 AM   #9
DaveAlvarado
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
...next summer, and it won't have an attached grill.

I agree with other posters that $3500 is fair. If you can get them to go lower great, but if not it's worth it. A new one is $4800 plus you have to either pick it up or pay hundreds for it to be shipped.
DaveAlvarado is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-27-2017, 10:38 AM   #10
m-fine
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Don't mistake pretty welds for strong welds. Depending on the weld process used, a very good weld can look ugly and a pretty stack of dimes can have no penetration and be very weak.

I can't comment on the quality of this 2014 Lang, but my 1990's Lang hasn't had the slightest hint of a craftsmanship issue. All the welds have held up flawlessly.

The reason to go with Shirley and deal with a year plus wait is because it can be customized, and when you are done with that, it isn't going to be $2750 anymore.

Old 06-27-2017, 12:47 PM   #11
Big N Hot
Full Fledged Farker

Some fellas seem quick to talk down anything that's not a Shirley. I wanted one real bad. But I had already waited years to decide and save. When I found out I'd have to wait another year I didn't even consider it.

A Lang 60D for that price that you can have tomorrow is an uncommon event. I'd jump at it.
Big N Hot is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-27-2017, 01:05 PM   #12
Beentown
is One Chatty Farker

We cook on both. The Lang is great and my Shirley is awesome. If you need/want one now, go for the Lang. If you can wait I'd go Shirley for convenience things like the cabinet doors, bigger warmer, larger rack space, etc...

Both are awesome, seriously.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Molon Labe!
Beentown is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-27-2017, 01:42 PM   #13
BillN
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Bill

Negotiate the best deal you can on the Lang and cook on it for awhile. You may fall in love with it and it becomes your lifetime cooker. Or it may help you decide exactly what you want in a cooker and you can get the custom SF of your dreams. If you go the custom route you will be able to sell the Lang. Good luck.
PK 360 w/Grill Grates
BillN is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-27-2017, 03:51 PM   #14
m-fine
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillN View Post
Negotiate the best deal you can on the Lang and cook on it for awhile. You may fall in love with it and it becomes your lifetime cooker. Or it may help you decide exactly what you want in a cooker and you can get the custom SF of your dreams. If you go the custom route you will be able to sell the Lang. Good luck.
Good advice. Except the part about selling the Lang. Judging from Beentown's photo, they make a nice pair if you still want to add a custom Shirley down the road.

Old 06-27-2017, 05:57 PM   #15
cats49er
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Stacy Robertson

BillN and M-fine are spot on.But don't wait long , a good smoker at a fair price does not sat around long.