Vending brisket and ribs

Obiguns

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
I have done a few events where I vended pulled pork, pulled chicken, and chicken quarters. I want to start mixing in brisket and ribs. I have a ez up shelter and tables plus my smoker. Any ideas as far as holding said meats and vending portions?? Also would it help if I set up a carving station? If so what would I need for it? Would keeping a rag in sanitizer work for wiping it down after each use? Any and all help is greatly appreciated!!

Ribs tend to go quickly then everyone is waiting for more to get done. Unless you have a huge smoker, I'd make better use of your grate real estate. You can cook two pork butts in the same amount of space as 1 rack of ribs and get a lot more servings.

I haven't done it, but I always talk to others who have...first thing is you must have a huge smoker. If you can't put 3 cases on at 1 time you probably going to catch hell. Minimum would be 2 cases. Plus room for chicken and other meats. Maybe go with 2 smokers and dedicate 1 to ribs. Some guys pre cook them to speed up the onsite cooking process also. Last is you might want to integrate 1 meat at a time. There will be a learning curve for each. Plus the popularity of brisket varies by region.

Ribs vend 1/2 and full 14/26. Brisket 10 a sandwich. Slice per order brings the people in when slow, as I hand scraps out for samples. Only cook to 180/185 to get good slice. Holds all day in Cambro. Keep a couple gallons of beef stocks hot

Ribs vend 1/2 and full 14/26. Brisket 10 a sandwich. Slice per order brings the people in when slow, as I hand scraps out for samples. Only cook to 180/185 to get good slice. Holds all day in Cambro. Keep a couple gallons of beef stocks hot

I take it you are giving the slices a quick dip in the stock. And I cant say I have ever cooked to 185 and sliced it. Will have to try it soon.

I was also wondering how you did your slicing station. Stainless table with cutting board and heat lamp? I know the health dept will make sure things are on the up n up but want to make sure I head them off at the pass.

Yes, when I use hand slice, when I use meat slicer I keep chafe server next to me..when busy I slice a lot to give to the crew, I just slice and maintain their supplies..when busy we serve 1 to 2 samies per minute averaged

Back