MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Road Trips

Notices

Brethren Road Trips The travel logs of our members. Q- joints, restaurants, entertainment, reviews while we travel around the 50 states. Also, Post here for a shout out to members to meet up with while on the road.

Old 07-26-2018, 07:43 PM   #16
CentralOhioBBQ
Full Fledged Farker

I type this from KC, my first time, and my pilgrimage. 48 hours, 4 classics that have been well researched. 1st , Jack Stacks. Average. Nothing special. 2nd Q39, really good brisket, undercooked but good BE, decent ribs and the best overall atmosphere if you drink beer. 3rd Joe’s, waited in line 20 mins and got brisket and ribs. They slice the brisket paper thin, just ok. The ribs were the best retail ribs I’ve had. No sauce needed. Best single serving of bbq this trip. Then I backed out of going to Slaps, I couldn’t eat any more bbq. I just couldn’t do it...never thought it possible.
CentralOhioBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-21-2019, 04:30 PM   #17
Ballen0351
Found some matches.

Glad I found this Im headed to Overland Park next week for work. Lots of good recommendations in this thread ill have to try out.
Ballen0351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 04:02 PM   #18
KClandcruiser
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Erik

I haven't seen Danny Edwards on here yet. Very unassuming place on southwest boulevard in KCMO. I think they have the best brisket in town by a long shot. They always slice it nice and thick. They also have great ribs and on saturdays they do a santa fe corn bake this is really tasty.

For Arthur Bryants, I always get the sliced pork sandwich or ribs there. Not always the most consistent but I've never had bad Q from there. Also, definitely need to try their beans. They do a smoked italian sausage log that is very tasty

L.C.s, sliced pork sandwich, burnt ends, beans and fresh handcut fries. My personal #1 of KC barbecue

Q39, been there 4-5 times and don't get all the hype. Decent enough barbecue but the atmosphere feels wrong to me. I fought through those same feelings with jack stack and eventually came around on it, but I'm not there with Q39, it just doesn't excite me and is not worth the effort for ok, expensive barbecue. They are definitely the hot new kid on the block though, so totally worth a trip, just not my style

Joe's KC, the most consistent of all barbecue places. Tastes the same every time and is consistently delicious. Try the ribs, burnt ends, Z-man sandwich and their seasoned fries. Even with multiple locations, they turn out a consistent and identical product at all of their locations

Woodyard Barbecue, really solid ribs. A really cool place to stop at and also pick up some great smoking wood.

Gates, I like it, people either like it or hate it. It can be inconsistent from location to location. I usually try to go to the location off Cleaver and the paseo. They chop their burnt ends and they can be a gut bomb. I like their sliced pork and brisket on sandwiches and their big steak fries with their very unique sauce

There are a ton of other options too and new places springing up all the time. It's hard to go wrong with any local barbecue joint here, but these are some of the ones that I frequent
KClandcruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 06-26-2019, 03:39 PM   #19
angryelfFan
is one Smokin' Farker

GREAT INFO!! Just what I was looking for. My son's soccer team just won the Midwest Regional Championship and we are off to Overland for a week in July. This is a nice list to start with. Thanks guys.
Shirley 24 x 42 Straight Back
angryelfFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 02:51 PM   #20
BBQ Freak
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : BBQ Mojo

Slap's BBQ and Joe's KC are the only places I like .

Luke's Firepits / Grill

Lone Star Grillz Mini Insulated Cabinet Smoker
BBQ Freak is offline   Reply With Quote