BBQRace.com

Heath Hall

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Huge announcement last night on the BBQ Central Radio Show - we formally announced BBQ's best and most comprehensive rankings site - www.bbqrace.com!

Want to see where you stack up in the Overall, Chicken, Ribs, Pork and Brisket KCBS Team of the Year standings? BBQ Race is your place to find out. You no longer have to be in the Top 25 to know where you stand.

Want to see how you stacked up against everyone cooking on a weekend? Check out the weekly rankings.

Check out your Team Dashboard which provides fast access to your TOY standings, your historic contest log, a graph that tracks your performance and much much more including badges that hightlight your accomplishments!

Still to come are some exciting new races! Stay tuned for more announcments.

Please take a look at your team and make sure all your comps for 2012 are present. If not check and see if there are additional spellings of your team name on the site. If so let us know so we can merge them together.

Any questions just let us know! Any suggestions let us know those too!

Best,

Heath
Pork Barrel BBQ & BBQ Race

A huge thanks to you for putting that together. I've been paying attention to it for the last two months and it's absolutely great.

How soon are the weekend results posted? I notice the results from Sunday's Telluride BBQ Festival aren't there yet.

Fantastic job Heath this site is great it looks and works great too.

How soon are the weekend results posted? I notice the results from Sunday's Telluride BBQ Festival aren't there yet.

Que by the Sea is no up either. Sunday turn-in events in the past took a while to show up as well. Looks like Saturday events are usually available same day.

Good job Heath. My girls also want to know when you will be on Shark Tank again. They want to see you up against Mark Cuban....:p

Thanks! Excellent site for keeping tabs on your or your favorite teams!:thumb:

Guys, sorry about the Sunday contests. Our computer guy had to attend a funeral which is causing the delays for Sunday. We plan to have these updated early evening on Saturday and early evening on Sunday.

Scottie - I'll be with Barbara next week in New York and will tell her that direct orders from your daughters are to get us back on the show ASAP!!

Heath how do you get contests not yours out of the database? Combine where a team is spelled 3 to 4 different ways?

To add to Stan's question, what is the process to combine multiple listings that are the same team?

Example:
Boondoggle
Boondoggle BBQ

Hi Heath. What a great reference to see how the teams are doing. I tried to merge two teams and got an integrety error. Just FYI

Keep up the hard work.

:clap2:Fantastic site Heath. I know you have the weekly results and you can see how you did that week against everyone else, but can you go back to a set date and see how you did against everyone then or does it only apply to the past week. The reason I ask is that we are included on the rankings because we have competed in 3 U.S. comps this year, even though we are U.K. based but it would be nice to see how we compared with the rest of the U.S. in the particular weeks that we competed. Thanks again for a great site.

I told them about the exception their merge request form was throwing weeks ago. Also requested a merge via email at the same time and was told it would be done right away, but we're still listed under four different spellings. Confirmed with KCBS they have our scores tracked correctly under the same team number so it has to do with how this site is collecting their data.

Nice concept, but I think this resorce is more accurately described as being a beta release. Could be useful when the bugs are worked out.

Hi Heath. What a great reference to see how the teams are doing. I tried to merge two teams and got an integrety error. Just FYI

Keep up the hard work.
tried to merge our team also,got error,,windsor mo ,end of aug missing from ours nice site,great job:thumb:

I'm a statistics nerd. In case you guys ever get bored and want something to do/work on, add an option to see averages. Such as avg score (overall, individual categories) and avg place.

82's, I already requested that. I had a merge problem with the form originally like many others here. I sent an email to admin@bbqrace.com. Brian responded and processed my request the same day. I think he needs to rerun the rankings everytime there is a merge so he may be queueing up a bunch since it seems more requests are coming in.

Here were my suggestions. He responded and said many of them including the registration feature were in the works for a future release but right now he is just working on data quality.

1) average score for each cetegory on the breakdown page.
2) year over year comparison (I can see my TOY points for this year but I can't see it for prior years). Looks like the data is already there for 2011 since I can see the comps under event history. This would just be another 'view' on that data.
3) a comparison feature (caompare your scores to 1,2,3, teams, etc)? This is just fluff but trying to think of ways to make the site even more interesting. I know there are a few teams that we regularly compete against and you always want to see how you stack up against them.
4) It would be great if you could 'register' on the site much like you do for a message board. Then you can be automatically logged in and see your team's page immediately upon entering the site

Back