Good thing about living Memphis where theres over a 100 BBQ Joints, Local Charcoal, Cheap and by the Pallet!

jetfxr27

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Can't say enough good things about the boys at the Charcoal Store.
http://maps.google.com/maps/place?c...8&ll=37.134045,-93.636475&spn=0,0&z=8&iwloc=A

They got Lump Briquets, fresh wood and a whole slew of another goodies.
$6.50 for 20 pounds of briquets of Oak and Hickory, and $20 for a 40 LB of Lump.

Its good enough for the President and the Prime Minister of Japan, its good enough for me!
Picture of POTUS and the PMOJ at the Rendezvous in Memphis.
koizumi600.jpg

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/07/01/washington/01bush.html
yes the World Famous
52960572-27103819-400225.jpg

uses the stuff.
They actually use a special blend thats a $1.00 a bag higher. the briqs are larger.

4728798470_cf6395e7c7.jpg

4728798560_4ef24413c3.jpg

4728798672_2a89e8bde8.jpg

This is a great place with nice people running it. The briquets are like OCC Rancher perfect for our orriginal Stumps GF223. All Natural with little ash. I am going down today to get a few bags. We are having a team cook this weekend in my backyard. Four pounds of briquets should last about sixteen hours in the Stumps.
Thanks
Mike
Swinebuck

Thanks for posting this. I'd never heard of it, but I'll definitely check it out now.

Man! Thanks for this thread! Now, are there any stores that specialize in the Sauce/Rub market I wonder?

Newlyweds flavorama #5 is available Gordins Butcher Shoppe in Olive Branch. http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...-89.830399&spn=0.226801,0.445976&z=12&iwloc=A

5 for $20 or $5 each. Makes a great base, cheap and made right here in town.
3995693474_47af7fb34b_o.jpg

I think I have seen them at some other grocery locations as well. Shnucks always seems to have a wide selection. Bass Pro Shop also has some one off rubs, like plow boys.

Guerry you were sitting on a gold mine and didn't let anybody know. LOL Need a trip to Memphis soon not all that far from here.

finally got to the hotel and off the crackberry and found it's only 20min out of my way heading home tomorrow to the store:thumb: Thanks for this thread!!!!!

Rodger, you should've emailed or called. We could grab lunch or so if you are going to be in Memphis? I'd love for you to come by and check out my trailer.

Rodger, you should've emailed or called. We could grab lunch or so if you are going to be in Memphis? I'd love for you to come by and check out my trailer.

I wish I had more time James. I'll get off somewhere around 5 tomorrow and have a 4 hour drive home. Not much time to visit this trip up, but I should be back soon and have more free time. I saw the pics and love all the stainless in the new trailer.:thumb:

There is not anything remotely good about LIVING in Memphis.It is handy to have it close for quick visits,BEFORE dark! That place you mentioned is probably one of the WORST Q joints in the city.JMHO.ALL HYPE.It used to be good,20 years ago.:sad:

There is not anything remotely good about LIVING in Memphis.It is handy to have it close for quick visits,BEFORE dark! That place you mentioned is probably one of the WORST Q joints in the city.JMHO.ALL HYPE.It used to be good,20 years ago.:sad:

Back