competitions in georgia

eagle697

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I am looking for a few competitions in georgia. I have found a few Florida BBQ comps this spring but that is it. Does anyone know if there is a website that has comps listed by state? any help would be great.

I am looking for a few competitions in georgia. I have found a few Florida BBQ comps this spring but that is it. Does anyone know if there is a website that has comps listed by state? any help would be great.

Try the KCBS.

I have. there aren't any listed for several months. I know there are some competitions that are independent and aren't in flbbq or kcbs. Is there a listing of these anywhere?

There are FBA, KCBS, and MBN events in GA..I dont know about any of the unsanctioned events in the state. Well I do know of a couple of backyard events...There is one in Gray in September, Macon is having one in August, and Stone Mountain Village has one in June. Atleast they did last year.

Thomaston, Barnesville, and Newnan are part of the FBA triple crown program and Dillard is generally a very well run event that attracts the big name teams...

Thomaston is in March and I dont know that I would really want to do a contest in GA in Feb. How quickly do you want to do an event? You can come to my house and cook and I will score you... ;-)

thanks, i am planning on going to thomaston in march. I may try to set up/ participate in a backyard event to get more practice and get feedback as far as scoring. My team split the events and i am doing the pork butts. Was trying to find any events that have a backyard division i can practice at to get this feedback without blowing alot of money.

Well I will look to see you in Thomaston then. I certainly have that event on the calendar. I dont think that there is going to be any competitions between now and then in GA...there is one in PCB 2 weeks before thomaston. You are probably going to have to drive to florida to compete before thomaston. I would say not to worry about it though. Just practice between now and then and try and cook the best that you can. Working on your timing is probably the most important thing...make sure that you have your stuff done in time and that you can get it in the box and turned in that first time out is a big challenge. Once the turn ins start there really isnt much time to correct things, though FBA will give you a little more of a window.

What is your team name? Mine is New South BBQ...stop by and say hello...and if you need any tips I would be happy to help you out..I have only placed once in pork, but I can tell you what I know...hit me with a PM.

Dawgfan & eagle697,
I cooked in Thomaston last march in their non-sanctioned contest. It was a great time. Right on the square...close to home...
There is also one(FBA) in Valley, Alabama(Next door to LaGrange) in may,I think?
Please plan on Barnesville... You will love it. If you are scared to cook against the Blues Brothers, then come on down and hang out with us.

Hey eagle967, are you an eagle scout by chance?

Dawgfan & eagle697,
I cooked in Thomaston last march in their non-sanctioned contest. It was a great time. Right on the square...close to home...
There is also one(FBA) in Valley, Alabama(Next door to LaGrange) in may,I think?
Please plan on Barnesville... You will love it. If you are scared to cook against the Blues Brothers, then come on down and hang out with us.

Hey eagle967, are you an eagle scout by chance?

At this point I dont think that I am scared to cook against anyone....I dont seem to mind losing...

Back