Free Score! SJS

El Ropo

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Was helping a friend move this morning, and asked him if he wanted to keep his almost brand new Weber Smokey Joe Silver. He said I could have it!

It's nice and clean, other than some dust on top, and appears to have only been used once or twice. :)

Anyone know where I can find a date code reference for it? The vent says "DZ". Oh, just found the info on the virtual weber bullet site. It was made in 2008!

I'm going to get an Imusa tamale pot and make a mini wsm. My total investment should come in under $40 for the pot, a second cooking grate, stainless hardware, and thermometer.

Nice score! That takes the single largest expense out of making a Mini and you also still have a nice portable charcoal grill.... looking forward to seeing pics :)

Well, that was short lived, someone stole the SJS off my front patio last night. :mad:

I got really worried about that happening to me last week so I went ahead and put both my sjs and my 18.5 OTS in the garage. Something about having them out on the porch for so long just gave me the heebs. Sorry to hear about your awesome grill getting stolen man!

Evan Williams strikes again!

Lol, it turns out I didn't remember taking the SJS to the storage closet on friday night! :icon_blush::icon_blush::icon_blush:

All is well again in El Ropo land, the SJS is safe and secure hehehe.

Thank you Evan Williams for kicking my arse once again. :heh::icon_shy:doh:

Lol, it turns out I didn't remember taking the SJS to the storage closet on friday night! :icon_blush::icon_blush::icon_blush:

All is well again in El Ropo land, the SJS is safe and secure hehehe.

Thank you Evan Williams for kicking my arse once again. :heh::icon_shy:doh:

Holy mackerel man, you had to just about drop a load in your shorts when you opened that closet door and saw your new baby in there. Tis a good feeling to find that but man you had to be pissed off all day long.....lol....good deal! :wink:

The worst par is, you posted your SJ stolen on an international forum BEFORE you found it in the storage closet. You should have come back and posted that you found the guy who stole it, and beat that crap out of him and got it back. :heh:

CD

Holy mackerel man, you had to just about drop a load in your shorts when you opened that closet door and saw your new baby in there. Tis a good feeling to find that but man you had to be pissed off all day long.....lol....good deal! :wink:

Slightly embarrassed is an understatement. :icon_blush:

Back