MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness > Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses.

Notices

Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses. this forum is OnTopic. A resource to help with catering, vending and just cooking for large parties. Topics to include Getting Started, Ethics, Marketing, Catering resources, Formulas and recipes for cooking for large groups.

Old 04-01-2014, 07:36 PM   #1
landarc
somebody shut me the fark up.

Default Troop Feed Camp Roberts

Updating the process and thinking. Thankfully, the Guard are only calling in 2500 soldiers for this deployment. Not the original number of 7,700. Below are the numbers I am working on.

I have reduced to one beef, one pork and one chicken. The Mac-n-cheese will serve as both side and should someone end up being Vegetarian.

I am working with Phil and Motoeric, in hopes if getting donations of food and funds, as well as a group of volunteers with cookers enough to handle this. Any comments? Numbers look right? I think I am using the numbers I have gotten here before?

Yelonutz: me either, but, then again, I don't drink any less
[/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]
[COLOR=Pink]SSS[/COLOR]
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
landarc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-01-2014, 08:08 PM   #2
Pyle's BBQ
Babbling Farker

How are you going to get the chicken, in pieces? If this is how you get them. I could only find a case with 16 head cut into 8 pieces. That would give you 128 pieces and you would need at least 19 cases if everyone was to get one piece. Maybe more if you don't count wings. Your pulled pork yield might be high. I usually use 50% yield. So you would need to cook 1000# of pork. I have no idea on the tri-tip.

Yoder YS640; Good-One "Trail Boss" 60T; Weber Kettle rotisserie ring; Big A$$ Rotisserie; New Braunfels offset smoker; Weber Smokey Mountain; Backyard Bombers BBQ HJM

Μολν λαβέ
Pyle's BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 08:24 PM   #3
landarc

I was using a theoretical case, based upon the number from the local Costco Business Center. The cases are really for my discussion with the base, and to determine if they can give me enough refrigerator space to hold the meat I think I need. I can up the pulled pork. I will up chicken case numbers as well. More space is better.

[COLOR=Pink]SSS[/COLOR]
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Old 04-01-2014, 09:03 PM   #4
Pyle's BBQ
Babbling Farker

Does the Base you are cooking at have a commissary that gets a regular food delivery? Can you get a delivery from Sysco or the like?

Yoder YS640; Good-One "Trail Boss" 60T; Weber Kettle rotisserie ring; Big A$$ Rotisserie; New Braunfels offset smoker; Weber Smokey Mountain; Backyard Bombers BBQ HJM

Μολν λαβέ
Old 04-01-2014, 09:24 PM   #5
landarc

you might well be amazed at the difficulty I am having getting any information from the base. Unlike last December, where a liason officer was assigned to me, this current officer seems intent on never replying. I assume he is busy.

So, I don't know what the facility is like yet, hopefully I will learn more Thursday, when the USO will meet on base with everyone

[COLOR=Pink]SSS[/COLOR]
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Old 04-01-2014, 09:30 PM   #6
Chuckwagonbbqco
is one Smokin' Farker

What date are we serving, and approx what time?
Chuckwagonbbqco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 09:54 PM   #7
landarc

The current plan is June 14th. But, that may change on Thursday. Will keep everyone informed

[COLOR=Pink]SSS[/COLOR]
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Old 04-02-2014, 12:17 AM   #8
Pyle's BBQ
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by landarc View Post
you might well be amazed at the difficulty I am having getting any information from the base. Unlike last December, where a liason officer was assigned to me, this current officer seems intent on never replying. I assume he is busy.

So, I don't know what the facility is like yet, hopefully I will learn more Thursday, when the USO will meet on base with everyone
Not really amazed at the lack of response. Just like in civilian society, there are people that will work with you and people that will work against you.

About having a distributor that comes to the post. Maybe they would have a refrigerated truck you could keep the meat in until it is ready to be put on the smokers.

Μολν λαβέ
Old 04-02-2014, 06:06 PM   #9
landarc

That is my fall back, I might even as a friend what he would charge to haul in his box, if he is in the area. I never know where he is on any day though. Long haul truckers...

[COLOR=Pink]SSS[/COLOR]
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Old 04-02-2014, 06:44 PM   #10
Pyle's BBQ
Babbling Farker

You could see if a truck rental place could donate the use of a refrigerated truck for a couple days.

Looks like Penske has them.

http://www.pensketruckrental.com/loc...eandro/052210/

Μολν λαβέ
Thanks from:--->
Old 04-02-2014, 07:00 PM   #11
landarc

Thanks Bryan, I had not even thought to look at them. That is what I should do.

[COLOR=Pink]SSS[/COLOR]
[/COLOR][/SIZE]