BBQ Brethren "Candy" Throwdown

Well, I'd love to claim credit for this idea, but that goes to Erin who called me at work suggesting it. One of my favorite candies is peanut butter cups: chocolate and peanut butter, mmmmm.

IMG_0086.jpg

Well, it happens that we were having some chicken curry for dinner (nope, not mine :icon_blush:), and since chicken and curry were already out, you can imagine it isn't too difficult to go from there and make some chicken satay, except with a bit of a twist. We had a satay throwdown not too long ago, so you are all familiar with the delicious peanut sauce that goes on top. To this I added some peanut-butter cups to form a chocolaty peanut-buttery sauce.

IMG_0087.jpg

I can just see the commercials now, featuring two chefs crashing into each other in a crowded kitchen, "Hey, you got chocolate in my satay," "No, you got peanut butter in my mole," and creating a new fusion cuisine.

IMG_0088.jpg

After currying, skewering and grilling some chicken

IMG_0090.jpg

this holy mole chicken was served on a bed of rice

IMG_0099.jpg

IMG_0096.jpg

and with a little candy for dessert.

WOW not even gonna enter this one Ecodes pie, ABT'S I cant even think on this one Team Husbands doesn't stand a chance HOPE I AM WRONG

Nice work Gore. Peanut sauce was one of the first things I ever cooked. It opened me up to how fun it is to try to recreate things based on taste. I was going to make a chocolate pizza on the grill this weekend, but after seeing some of the creativity you guys have put into this, it seems kind of simple. I think I might sit this one out.

WOW not even gonna enter this one Ecodes pie, ABT'S I cant even think on this one Team Husbands doesn't stand a chance HOPE I AM WRONG

Well, we don't stand any chance if you guys don't enter! Of course it will also help if you keep Amber and RedHot occupied so they can't submit. Maybe you can bring home some McRibs for them to play with. :becky:

I find it simply amazing the creativity these throwdowns inspire...and that Team Wives will then clue us in on them. :becky:

Well, you can imagine it's not much competition for them :bored:. If they feed us some ideas it can at least make it a little more interesting.

Back