Serving size for chili

theflints01

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I'm cooking for my friends wedding (200 guests expected) and he wants chili. Anyone got a good idea on a serving size per person? We are also serving pulled pork sandwiches and the sides will be brought by others. I was planning on bringing about 75 lbs of chili. Does this sound right? Also, any tips on serving chili would be appreciated.
Sean
Raging Bull BBQ

Most of what I've read is one cup. Sometimes two cups. I don't cater, and I just did a quick search but it seems that one cup is what you get at fast food places that serve chili.

Soooooo...that would be 12.5 to 25 gallons of chili for one cup to two.

Last edited:
Put it over a bed of spagetti and top with shredded chesse and you wouldnt have to make so much and the guests would really like it more

Put it over a bed of spagetti and top with shredded chesse and you wouldnt have to make so much and the guests would really like it more

Chili is a bit strange for a wedding. I'm sure the ladies will love red/orange spots on their dresses. :mrgreen:

If you are having other food, I'd go with a bowl/cup of about 8 oz.

The "Skyline" style chili is an option but it adds a lot to the prep and serving hassle.

That doesn't even sound good... Seems to me the spagetti would get soggy before everybody is fed. It's always hard for me to keep a good texture with pasta after a while. just my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back