SF Bay Area Bash

landarc

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I am floating this idea out there for some feedback. It seems that there are a lot of Brethren (well, at least a few) in the Greater San Francisco Bay Area and surrounds. It seems like we could have a nice local Brethren Bash sometime in July or August (I like July) at some nice location. I have chatted briefly with Smokejumper about this idea and hope we can get some traction on this.

What say everyone? Ideas? Interest?

As long it's Brethren members I'm in. A Brethren Bash needs to be Brethren. Are we talking about at someones house, a park or what? Phat Matt's?

Ooo, now that would be fun at PhatMatt's. But, I was thinking of a park somewhere once we get an idea of who and how many. Smokejumper offered his place in SF, but, he has a small place and a newborn. This seems like a bad idea, plus, I am not sure he cleared it with his wife.

I am gonna give this a few days, see if I can get a head count, and move forward once I have an idea of how many and where they are. A BBQ joint is not out of the question and PM has the seats.

Experience tells me that having it at someones house, unless it's big is not a good idea. A place where we can cook. Is there a KOA type place in the bay area? A friday night and Saturday Bash is always fun.

Are any Bay Area brethren members of a VFW that has a hall? Are any brethren members of a Grange or something similar that can get a hall?

There is a place on Crow Canyon Road east of Hayward that has a BBQ area that they rent out---I cooked there once for a Postal Employee's gathering. I will try to find out the name.

I think you are talking about Crow Canyon Park Leonard. I was thinking of that or perhaps Del Valle or Lake Chabot campgrounds as options. But, I really would like some feedback from other folks too.

Another idea has occurred to me, it involves a one day bash, utilizing a place like Oakpit BBQ's store (Greenleaf BBQ) in Livermore, there we could maybe scam a few BGE's to cook on and there is wine tasting available there as well. Does this make a Bay Area gathering more interesting?

Another idea has occurred to me, it involves a one day bash, utilizing a place like Oakpit BBQ's store (Greenleaf BBQ) in Livermore, there we could maybe scam a few BGE's to cook on and there is wine tasting available there as well. Does this make a Bay Area gathering more interesting?

Just schedule it and let's see what happens...

October 23rd in Livermore, at Greenleaf BBQ at Blacksmith Square? That is the working date and location. We may even manage to have a raffle or giveaway. A one day Bash, mostly about getting together and eating. Greenleaf (Oakpit here) is even offering the use of a BGE or two. I am still working with Tim to see if this all works for him. It would be great to have a large turnout.

October 23rd in Livermore, at Greenleaf BBQ at Blacksmith Square? That is the working date and location. We may even manage to have a raffle or giveaway. A one day Bash, mostly about getting together and eating. Greenleaf (Oakpit here) is even offering the use of a BGE or two. I am still working with Tim to see if this all works for him. It would be great to have a large turnout.

I'm in!

Can you confirm or deny the rumor that Tim is giving away a free large BGE to everyone that attends?

Well, there may be wine involved, and maybe beer. Beyond that, it should be. Shouldn't any bash basically be family friendly?

I'm in, even if I have to travel ridiculous distances for it. And I'm bringing my truck if we can convince Oakpit to give away BGEs as door prizes...

Count me in for October 23rd! The XL BGE door prize (If it exists) is mine!

I'm in, even if I have to travel ridiculous distances for it. And I'm bringing my truck if we can convince Oakpit to give away BGEs as door prizes...

Can you bring our friend Pigdog with you?

I'll try to talk him into it, but I will likely take some time off and spend a few extra days in the Bay Area. I don't know if he will be willing to do that...

Back